Endowment Maturity Payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've just received a letter from my building society letting me know that they have applied for te payment on maturity of my endowment policy. I know it's not enough to cover the mortgage which does not require paying back until 2016. The endowment matures in November 2013 and I assumed the money was paid to me so that I can try to increase the sum before the mortgage is due to be paid off.

My question is can the building society do this - I thought Norwich Union/Aviva paid me the endowment money.

Any advice gratefully received.

Gary

Thanks - appears as though the policy is assigned to the building society so it will go straight to them - although they've asked me to leave the bank details blank so that they can fill in their details when I receive the forms from Aviva.

• 1 year later...

My endowment was attached to the original mortgage from Barclays. I had to get a "Letter of Disclaimer" from Barclays saying they had no interest in the loan any more as I moved to a repayment mortagage about 15 years ago that paid Barclays. I continued paying into the endowment so the money all comes my way, but it appears I have a lot of hoops to jump through so it becomes mine!

Barclays phone support was awful. trying to ask me for security details from a 20 year old account that was closed 15 years ago. It was impossible to satisfy them with an answer. However, a visit to branch with ID soon got the letter I needed.

So unless your endowment holder is satisfied that their is no bank attachment in the endowment they won't pay out directly.