Hillsden issued a CCJ Help

serenstar14
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I defaulted on a lloyds TSB credit card back in 2008 which I have had a paid off regular since 2000.

long story cut short but couldn't afford to pay this due to myself splitting from my partner buying his half of the house so I could keep a roof over my kids heads.

Hillsden have now put a CCJ on my credit file and ive not been notified just a card to say they where nothing else.

What do I do now and what will they do? Its for £4k.

I cant afford anything else with my mortgage and two kids.

Any help would be appreciated as im not sure what I should do as ive not acknowledged this debt for 6 years.

Many thanks

Hi welcome to CAG,

This card was taken out in 2000 and defaulted in 2008 correct?

What exactly shows on the CRA file, is it a ''satisfied'' entry for LTSB with balance £0, then Hillesden showing the same balnce, the same default date?

Does the file show which company got the CCJ?

The CCJ when was this judgement made, was the case undefended ?

Did Hillesden get the judgement or Lloyds TSB?

Have you moved house without notifying the creditor?

Please clarify 'just a card to they were nothing else?

Perhaps checking 'trust on line' may help here.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Sorry, I don't understand - were you not sent a claim form and given the opportunity to defend ?

They cant simply pop a CCJ, without there being due process ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Sorry, I don't understand - were you not sent a claim form and given the opportunity to defend ?

They cant simply pop a CCJ, without there being due process ?

This whole scenario does not sound right. Hillesden CCJ unusual, LTSB in house litigation unusual is there in fact a CCJ?

That's what I intend to find out!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi welcome to CAG,

This card was taken out in 2000 and defaulted in 2008 correct?

Yes this is correct. had the usual chasing letters but nothing for three years untill now.

What exactly shows on the CRA file, is it a ''satisfied'' entry for LTSB with balance £0, then Hillesden showing the same balnce, the same default date?

Both are showing default with the same balance. but different default dates by a month in 2008 but ive never had letters off hillsden until the other week. ccj is Nottingham with hillsden for over 4k .

Does the file show which company got the CCJ?

The CCJ when was this judgement made, was the case undefended ? Yes as I didn't have any court letters just a card saying we are taking you to court no details of what it was for .

Did Hillesden get the judgement or Lloyds TSB? Hillsden got the ccj.

Have you moved house without notifying the creditor? I only moved house in 1999 after moving out from my parents and im still in the same house.

Please clarify 'just a card to they were nothing else?

Perhaps checking 'trust on line' may help here.

Thank you for your help is appreciated

You need to check "trustonline" and find out the details of this CCJ - when and where it was issued.

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/

It will cost you £4.00 I think.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It seems like Hillesden have a judgement by default, no claim pack received, and Hillesden have your correct address?

A puzzle indeed!!

You need to first establish when this Judgment was awarded and from where. Once you have done that and you know WHEN it was issued, then you could perhaps look at getting it set aside.

You would need to obtain the paperwork from the issuing court " copy of the claim form and Judgment notice".

It just seems very odd that this has happened and you have received nothing. Because the usual process is....

Letters demanding money from creditor.

Letter before Claim from creditor

Claim pack - from court

Judgment notice - from court.

So that is quite a lot of post that has gone astray.. However, if they had been sending this to a previous address, despite knowing your actual address this is very wrong..

BCOBS

May I suggest the following letter:

Private & Confidential

Mr T Locke

Hillesden Securities Ltd

Buckingham Rd

Brackley

Northants

NN13 7DN

Date:

Ref:Alleged Debt to Lloyds TSB: CCJ Record on Credit reference File:

Hillesden Ref: (if you have one)

Dear Mr Locke,

Please take note I do not acknowledge any debt to Hillesden Securities or any associated company.

I refer to entries made to my credit reference files by Hillesden Securities Ltd., ( attach a screen / print/copy) copy attached.

Hillesden has stated that a County Court Judgement was made in its favour on xx . xx . xx, please take careful note I have NOT at anytime received a County Court Claim pack at my present address and I have been resident here for XX years. As I am fully aware that Hillesden Securities Ltd., have been aware of my correct address for xx years one must conclude that IF this CC Claim was made by Hillesden clearly it used an incorrect address this may or may not have been a deliberate action to obtain a judgement by default, it is easy to conclude this may be a possibility.

I therefor require Hillesden Securities Ltd., to produce all the relevant documents regarding this CC Claim, and any other documents connected with the alleged debt within 7 days from the date hereon, until these documents are provided to me no further correspondence will be entered into.

Use recorded signed for post.

This may save money on SARs/CCA requests etc., (this has had the required effect in similar cases).

Thank you for your help.

its strange ive only had one letter this year but they apparently brought the debt in 2008!!

if they dont reply what shall I do? im.not bothered about the ccj as my credit rating is not good and I have my mortgage which is up to date.

Shouldn't I have letter from the court about the CCJ on my file

Thanks again

Hi I have been back onto my credit file with equifax and the ccj is on there but not claimant. just Nottingham cc snd the date of 11.09.13 and no date satisfied

Shall I still send the letter to Hillsden or to the court?

I dont want to dig anything up if I send any letters as there is no way I can afford to pay this eithout selling my house which I wont do csuse of my fwo kids. I know I was stupid running up the debt but I was paying it but since the break up in 2008 and buying my ex out of the house I couldn't afgord too.

Thanks again

Hi Thanks for your help for some reason my posts have not come up when using my mobile.

Card as taken out in 2008 I defaulted in 2008,

I had various chasing letters over the years then for the last three years approx nothing

Hillsden sent a letter saying they are issuing a CCJ.

I have not had any other paperwork from Hillsden or the court but now have a CCJ on my file which has no name against it

but Northhampton county court the case number the date of 11.09.2013 and the amount and next to the amount its saying Judgment Unsatisfied.

How do I go about this now as I have nothing from Hillsden or the court asking for Money.

Do Hillsden even own the debt?

Would Lloys TSB have my signed credit agreement after 13 years although I last paid in december 2007 but the default date is 09.06.2008?

Both Lloyds and Hillsden have this on my credit file both in default but the default dates are different by 2 days.

This Hillsden one has only just come up on my credit file so how can they have been chasing since 2008?

Any help would be appreciated as I cant afford to pay this and I am sure Hillsden are trying their luck!!

Thanks

Your choice really send the letter drafted, or do nothing until they try to push further.

thank you for your help. I have now received a letter to pay the full amount and another letter saying transferred to birmingham county court for in forcementI just don't know what to do now can I fighting with and having a ccj against me as I never received any paperwork to defend myself your house is really appreciated

hello just wanted to see if i can get some help pleasd I've posted beforehand about this problem but I have more information now.

details are

credit card taken out with lloyds tsb 2000

defaulted in october 2007

Receive card from hillsden threatening court if I dont pay full amount .

next letter I received is from an outside company sayinv I can get help with my CCJ.

checked on credit file CCJ issued in September this year

no paperwork from court no credit agreement

next letter photocopy of a letter from Northampton county court saying to send full payment of 4064 to aplins who ever these people are.

a letter receive today saying transfer of proceedings to Birmingham cc for enforcement - what does this mean????

I called lloyds tsb today and they advised my debt had been sold in 2011 to DLC I have n had a letter off them until they threatened ccj. only letters from lowell but ignored them.

both Lloyd and hillsden are on my credit file for the same debt both showing default but different dates both showing debt as unsettled hillsden notice on my credit file saying I defaulted in june 2008 but lloyds told me i defaulted in october 2007..how can both companies own the debt??. how can hillsden say I defaulted in 2008 if they only brought the debt in 2011.

I want to fight this as im sure neither lloyds or hillsden will have my original credit agreement from 2000.

any advice would be great as I cant afford to pay im a single parent now which is why I couldn't afford the card after split up and buying ex out of mortgage. I cant afford repayment as I only work part time and I have other priority debt. im really scared they will send out bailiffs

Hi serenstar.

Because they have attained a default judgment without your knowledge the debt is now being transferred to your local CC for enforcement....

This could be a Charging Order or an Attachment of Earnings amongst other methods of enforcement.

You need to make application to set a side the judgment (n244) assuming you have never received the the N1 and you have not changed address in the last 2/3 years?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thread moved to Financial Legal Issues.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

N1 is the blue summons from Northampton County Court (CCBC). (the forms you never got)

Set a side applications are considered on their merits and the speed in application after judgment. :-

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/understand-judgments-fines/set-aside-a-judgment/

Regards

Andy

thanks andy nope never had the n1.

do I send to northampton or Birmingham? how do I go about paying as im on low income? do I send them to the creditor too? can I send hillsden a letter to get my credit agreement or is this a waste of time now?

Thank you so much you've been very helpful:-)

The court that issued the judgment ..Northampton? If you are exempt from court fees read here:-

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/fees

You can request a copy of the agreement if your set a side is successful...but not whilst there is a judgment in place.

Just to clarify you have not changed address in the last 3 years?

Regards

Andy

Are you saying that you did NOT receive a claim pack from the court with the particulars of the claim (POC) and the forms for acknowledging the claim?

Hi the only letter I had was telling me they will take me to court.

I have had no claim pack nothing from the court. I didn't even get a letter from Lloyd saying the debt had been sold to hillsden in 2011.

Lloyd are apparently sending me a copy of my original credit agreement from 2000.

just dont know wat I can do to defend myself as not been given the chance and surely they both cant be on my credit agreement? ?

it would of been status barred in October this year too

thanks for your help