vodafone replaced THREE faulty handsets

lofaprize
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Really hoping someone can help here

First of all,

I have 2 contracts with Vodafone which are due for renewal around the 7th November 2013.

My phone is a Samsung s2

my son’s is a HTC desire.

I have had loads of problems with these two phones which I took into my local Vodafone shop for repair

on the first instance on 05/07/13.

I’ll start off with the HTC, my son’s phone.

This phone has not been great from the start and was unusable for an amount of time before my own phone

(galaxy s2) needed repair which gave me the push to take his down for repair too.

Handset number 1 (HTC Desire S) sent for repair on 05/07/13. IMEI No – ....

Fault code C PF050 was unable to fix so a replacement was given.

Handset number 2 replacement phone (IMEI No – .....

Fault Code C PF050) also had faults but as I was on holiday, the phone wasn’t returned for repair until 23/08/13

Again, handset number 2 was deemed unfixable so I was given another replacement handset.

Handset number 3 (IMEI No – ....) ALSO had faults.

This time I called 191, spoke to an adviser who told me both my phones were due for upgrade.

I told him I didn’t want to upgrade just yet,

I wanted my phones fixed as they are still under warranty until November.

He told me all they could do was to send phone back for repair.

I called again a few days later just to see what response I’d get from someone else,

I was told this time that I would have to take it up with the manufactures of the handset.

I told him my contract is with Vodafone and this was their job.

He couldn’t advise any further unless I wanted to upgrade.

I returned to the Vodafone store to see what was being said there.

Again, all that could be done was to escalate the problem and send 3rd phone off for repair.

Handset number 3 was sent for repair on 02/09/13 (Fault code C PF050) and returned with yet ANOTHER replacement handset!

HANDSET NUMBER 4 (IMEI No – ....) and guess what, THIS HANDSET IS ALSO FAULTY!!!

I called the shop to tell them the phone is faulty and the advisor said I should call 191 customer service

and she would put on my notes that I was calling regarding a like for non like phone.

This would mean I would receive a different kind of phone around the same value as the HTC Desire,

as Vodafone no longer do the Desire. I was happy with this outcome…

that is until I called 191,

spoke to a customer advisor who said, she would speak to her manager.

She returned saying that her manager had said no,

and the girl at the shop shouldn’t have told me that would happen.

I had to send the phone back for repair AGAIN!

I went back down to the shop, spoke with a sales advisor there who called customer service for me.

xxxx said on the phone he knew they could do the like for non like, he had known for it to be done.

But, even he got knocked back.

All he can do is send this one back for repair, they have their hands tied for as far as they can help.

Handset number 4 has now been returned to the “repair” shop (Fault code No – C PF070)

I am now stumped as what to do

As I said, I have two phones.

The Samsung is now going back for a 4th “repair” as every time I get it back,

I return it for repair with the exact same problem.

Any help or advice for this would be most welcome.

Thanks

Edited by dx100uk
pers info removed - dx

Arh my speciality... Android phones.

These phones are quite "old" (in technological terms), and now they are discontinued lines.

Remember though Vodafone are not responsible for manufacturing these devices however Samsung and HTC are.

But Vodafone are your port of call for any repairs if in a 2 year agreement.

I think maybe a formal complaint in writing to head office would help... Or find Lee on this forum and he will help you out :)

HEs pretty good and i would imagine he would be able to sort this out for you.

He may be able to authorise early upgrades... I say "may" as it might not happen

I personally would upgrade as the later handsets are pretty decent and Samsung and HTC have seemed to get better at manufacturing their handsets.

Now after they've been repaired and you've got your upgrades, sell them to CEX or someone (CPW) etc and they will do some awesome things for you.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

we have Vodafone on board here t

the rep is very good

can I suggest uou do the following:

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAG is with the very best of intentions.

vodafone UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at [email protected] quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line.

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is.

****Also you will get an auto reply number. Post the number you get back in YOUR thread ***

Many thanks

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as soon as they respond with the reference number can you please pop it on here so the CAG Vodafone Rep can see it :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I suspect it might not happen until Monday !! :(

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

t's been six days since I last heard from you lee. Please get in touch with any updates. I am unimpressed with the way I've been treated as a customer and hoped you could help but I've a feeling you have forgotten about this. I have not.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lee, its now almost 1 month since i first posted on CAG and i am no futher forward with what can be done about my phone (especially my sons, which he has not been able to use since before July), and with having THREE faulty "replacement" handsets, this has still been the case. 4 months without a phone is scandalous when i pay my bill every month to use with the phone which was purchased at the time of the contract and, i must add, is almost out of warranty.

i want to know why this hasnt been rectified yet, and to tell me what exactly has been done about this.

to even send out a "non like for like" is all i ask, and if it works as it should, i'd be happy. as it stands, i am very unhappy about this. i have been with vodafone for quite a number of years now and have been very disappointed with the way this has been handled. i am due to renew my contract on i think 11th November this year (3/4 weeks time) and thought this would most certainly have been sorted well before now.