Wonga/Pounds To Pocket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have 2 outstanding PDL debts ; one with Wonga, one with PTP ; (total debt c.£2000.00)

I have cancelled CPA's with my bank, sent both companies an income/expenditure form, and in the case of Wonga, have set up a monthly repayment of £30.00 to start repaying my debt.

PTP state that ' we do not participate in standing orders'

However, both companies are completely ignoring my communications, including my appeal for all interest charges to be frozen ;

Both companies are demanding that I phone them to discuss the matter, and provide my bank details.

Also, both companies have stated that they'll continue to try and withdraw money from my account, despite acknowledging the CPA agreement with my bank.

One Wonga e-mail dated 24/08/13 states 'we have now cancelled your CPA as requested and have removed all debit cards from your account'

A further letter on 06/09/13 states ' you should also be aware that we'll be making further attempts to collect the money you owe from your debit card'

I would like some advice on the following matters ;

- what further action can I take to try and get the interst charges frozen

- how can I pay PTP ; would it be OK to send a monthly cheque ?

- are they allowed to continue to plunder my bank account, knowing that there's no money in it, and knowing that I have an agreement with the bank to stop all CPA's

all advice will be gratefully accepted...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?396982-New-payday-loan-survival-guide-by-mike-dailly-govan-law-centre.

Have a read of the PDL Survival Guide in the Link above.

If you are having problems with the PDL companies. Then you need to make a formal complaint first - heading your letter to ensure they are aware it is a formal complaint. If they still continue to be awkward then you will need to escalate your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman. See below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?399260-Feel-that-you-ve-been-treated-unfairly-by-your-Payday-loan-lender-COMPLAIN-TO-THE-FOS!!(1-Viewing)-nbsp

You do not have to provide bank details to them - in fact it would be quite foolish of you to do so.

You should write to your bank and confirm that neither of these companies has your authority to withdraw money from your account.

If the bank allows this to happen once you have informed them, then you can make a complaint about them to both the FOS and the FCA (previously the FSA)

PTD cannot insist that you pay by direct debit or CPA - insist that they provide you with THEIR account details so that you can set up a standing order or transfer.

You should write to Wonga and ask them to confirm their statements. Remind them that you have instructed your bank to cancel the CPA and that if they, Wonga, continue to make requests then you will be reporting them to the FOS and FCA.

Hope that helps :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If the creditor refuses to accept your payment plan, send a reminder to them once a week using free proof of posting or direct email with a read reciept, then use the postal order method to FORCE them to accept your payments.

Postal order method is: Send a postal order for your repayment amount, and deduct the cost of the PO, the PO fee, and stationary used from the total debt owed. This is allowed in court, and it will show that you had to resort to silly methods to get them to accept a payment. Please remember though, only use this as a last resort if they continually refuse payment from you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks for the advice ;

..matters have now moved on, but I wouldn't say progressed ;

re. P to P ; they have sent me an e-mail reply ignoring all my requests, and once again demanding my bank account details, stating that '...we do not participate in standing orders'

what's my next step ? do I persevere in requesting their bank details, or should I try to take the matter further - I do want to start making re-payments on my account.

With regard to Wonga, they have also ignored all my communications. They have sent me another letter demanding that I phone them to sort things out, stating that they will keep adding on daily interest until I do so.

Also, in my initial letter/e-mail to Wonga, I gave clear instructions not to contact me by telephone, but only by e-mail or paper post. Well, they've definitely discovered my phone numbers now ; this week, I'm being bombarded by up to 5 phone calls a day from them - are they allowed to do this ?

what's my next step with Wonga ?

I have already set up a standing order with them, and made my first monthly re-payment of 30.00 on 02/09/13 ; they seem to be ignoring this fact, and will not stop adding charges on to the account ;

..now that I know that they have my phone number, should I just phone them and try to clarify matters, or should I persevere with my regular payments, in the hope that they will eventually accept them, and stop charging more interest ;

I'm tending towards the former option, as the interest charges are killing me ;

Once again, I would be grateful for any advice...

(the number Wonga have given me is 0207 138 8331 - will I have to pay for the call ?)

Hi

Have you got a mobile with voice record function and a landline with handsfree (a loudspeaker)? If so you could, (if you feel brave) ring them on that number (yes, it is chargeable) and record them spouting the rubbish. This should help with your complaint.

These companies will say far more than they would ever dare put in a letter

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE