Charging Order debt has been sold to another creditor

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2725 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have a charging order on my property from Blackhorse for approx £10K debt and have been paying £20 per month off this for the last 5 years. However, Ii recently received a letter from Blackhorse solicitors saying the debt has been sold on to Lowell. I have contacted Lowell who say the charging order has not been transferred to them.

I am willing to continue paying the debt as per the current agreement (£20 per month), however I would like the charging order to be removed. I would like to sell my house next year and would just about break even if I did not have this charging order. However, the C.O puts me into negative equity. It is extremely frustrating as I am sure Blackhorse would have sold this debt to Lowell for pennies.

My questions are: Can I have this CO removed since the original creditor has sold the debt, and if not, can I sell my home if the CO puts me into negative equity. Thanks in advance for your help