Natwest - A complex Story

TBeckett100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A little bit of advice please.

My work colleage had a default on an old NatWest account. to cut a long story short she went 50p overdrawn on her account. However because she had been to the branch to change her address, she received a letter at the new address to confirm her signatures didnt match. However she assumed that they had her new address and she ceased to use the account. Therefore it was no surprise not to receive statements as the account was inactive.

Then believe it or not, one charge led to another and she ended up owing £250.00. A default was registered and she only heard about all this when she had a letter from Wescot (who tracked her down to the new address she gave Natwest!)

So to cut a question, can my colleage claim her charges (yes as it was 50p overdrawn and did not cost Natwest £250) but is there a case to get them to remove the default on the LBA?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Tom.

Halifax WON X 2, Northern Rock WON, Capital One WON, Marbles WON, HSBC WON

On the 25th october I will be filing a claim for £175.00 Citicards. Just watch it!

yes, with adress changes if the signature does not match they would have needed to have gone into NatWest with proof of id ie passport or D/licence but she can still claim the unlawful charges back

• 2 months later...

Hello

I am helping a friend get some charges removed. turns out the account went £2.05OD and a month later the charges started to cause an overdraft and more and more and more charges (not transactions) made the account overdrawn.

My friend moved and told the bank however in their eyes the notification wasnt complete so the account continued.

It wasnt until a credit file was ordered did my friend realise a default had occured. can i get this overturned on the basis the penalty charges caused the default and what should I say?

Your help as ever, appreciated:o

On the 25th october I will be filing a claim for £175.00 Citicards. Just watch it!

Guest Mumofthreeboys

When you come to send the preliminary letter, there is a paragraph in there that concerns default removal.

• 2 months later...

Should i file a claim now they have agreed repayment but they refuse to remove the default!! despite the default occuring due to all their fees.

Guest NATTIE

If the amount you were defaulted is lower than the charges then send a rejection letter becuase the default is not covered

thanks, the request to remove the default was there all along. have pushed the button on the claim now but will write to natwest and explain all.

• 2 months later...