why is everything more expensive now

fredwilkins
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3848 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What exactly did you have in mind ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Rich people get greedy, banks create money from nothing and give it to the rich causing massive inflation.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Any number of different reasons.

The price of land has risen which increases the cost of a new building and has a knock on effect. A company buying a new office block therefore need to charge higher rents to pay for the increase in

their mortgage. The companies in that building charge their customers more to cover the increase in rent.

We all enjoy higher wages than 50 years ago but the companies have to pay for those wage rises so they increase their costs to cover this.

The quality of cars and lorries has increased over the last 50 years-not so much the body work I admit, but with air conditioning, sat nav and safety fpr instance.

Joining the EU [or EEC as it then was] caused a rise in inflation when we decimalised the currency.

Successive governments failed to contain inflation during their years in office either through incompetency, or as now, using inflation to make it easier to pay off old debts.

And as Renegadeimp has already said by greed.

See, you say the prise of land has risen. Why though? Its the same land with the same properties contained. Its just the rich inflating value and costs to make themselves a profit.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

It's a bit more complicated than that. It is to do with supply and demand. We are a relatively small Country with a large population for the size of the Country.

In the USA it is a very large Country with a relatively small population hence the price of land is much lower there.

Also not all land is available or possible to have bulidings on them which further increases the cost of building land.

In addition agricultural land can be valued by the amount of profit that it makes so in recent years through increased use of fertilisers the yield per acre from crops has gone up along with the prices of

those crops over time. So a farmer would not sell his land to a developer for instance if he could make more by crop cultivation.

The examples I am giving are very simplified as prices for land are affected by other factors too. For instance Government policy to encourage the growth

of woodland by tax incentives skews the price of land.

Edited by lookinforinfo

Not really. Supply and demand was an invented concept by the rich. Do a bit of historic research. You will see goods were VERY heavily restricted from roman times onwards. Thats why so many politicians were rich as hell, just like now. They CONTROL the market under the guise of supply and demand. In the last 50 years, just look at inflation. It has skyrocketed due to greed, where for the previous hundred or more years, it only rose slightly.

No, supply and demand was a consequence of the black death and serfs could just walk out of their fiefdom and into a paying job as there were so few people to do the agricultural work. Wages went up 50 fold and a law was brought in to stop landowners paying more than a certain amount in an attempt to keep the doewntrodden in their place. It didnt work and rich people started to starve so the king relented.

However, the principle applies to all commodities but these days you can apply a formula to calculate a given price for something when the supply and demands are known. You can also manipulate this data in any of a number of ways. The problem for the downtrodden is that the manipulators do so indirectly, for example, if you are a coffee farmer and want a higher price for your limited supply of coffee the processors will not pass on your coffee or pay you for what has been sent from the farm and you get to starve until you relent. This is because no coffee merchant is starving themselves and they all work in a cartel with the IMF and governments so there is only one outcome.

the money faries are loosing their habitat due to deforestation

as they are loosing habitat they produce less money

we have tried to raise the money faries in an artificial habitat (banks) however as a result the cost of feeding has risen due to their diet (loose change) being harder to find in the wild as people tend to hang onto it

as the cost of feeding them has risen less people have kept them meaning less money in the economy

as there is less money to go around people tend to hang onto their loose change meaning the cost of feeding rises again producing a vicious cycle

as it stands now the money faries cost so much to feed that they are only kept as show animals by celebrities and the super-rich who tend to keep what they produce

i hope that explains it

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: