MBNA/Restons CCJ (forgot to file defence) now have CO too, - want to set aside - CCA is pants!!

DonKichote
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3821 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have filled in an acknowledgement of service to a claim by MBNA represented by Restons,

where POA states:

The claimant claims payment of overdue balance due from the defendant under a contract dated on or about xx/xx/xxxx in the sum of £xxxx.xx (£5K+) inclusive of interest to the date of this summons at 8% per annum from xx/xx/xxxx to xx/xx/xxxx.

Particulars a/c no: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DATE ITEM VALUE

Xx/xx/xxxx Default Balance £xxxx.xx (over 5K)

Post Refrl Cr NIL

Later date xx/xx/xxxx Interest xx.xx

Total: XXXX:XX

Together with:-

Interest pursuant to s69 County Courts Act 19

At the rate of xxx.xx per day to the date of Judgement or sooner payment”

Prior to filing an embarrassed defence, I now wish to make a CPR 31.14 request to Restons for:

1 the agreement

2 the default notice (All I had was Notice of Sums in Arrears, a letter saying that failure to pay will result in registration of default with CCA.

Then they wrote and said a default is due to register for 6 years on my credit file and when this happens balance of the a/c WILL BE SOLD to a Third Party.

This does not seem to have happened as MBNA are the Claimant, all I had was a much older try-on from RMA)

3 the assignment??

and perhaps for

4 DPA??

As not all were mentioned on POA,

would you agree?

Anything else?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interest pusuant to s69 is not allowed for CCA 1974 agreements as far as i know...

Also you can look at http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/159445-getting-them-reveal-their.html

and http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/241827-legal-action-how-start.html

Edited by jason_mnm
  • Haha 1

Thank you jason mnm, I intend to send a CPR31.14 request for agrement and default notice to Restons tomorrow, unless anybody suggests including anything elseanything else.

Is a creditor required to confirm termination of the account or is the intention to do so on a future date given in DN sufficient?

bump

under CPR31.14 you can only request documents mentioned or referred to in the POC therefore

if the default notice is not mentioned in the POC then you cannot ask for it under 31.14

you will need to make a separate cpr18 request for any documents not mentioned in the POC

you do need to ask for a full account of how the amount in the POC has been arrived at

• Haha 1

Should I request anything else under Part 18 ???

you can ask for any documents that you feel may be useful to your defence but resist the temptation to ask for loads of stuff that is not relevant

Copies of any default, termination or other notices relied upon

Copy of an communications logs showing manual interventions in your account

Full details of all charges added to the account since its inception with the dates applied and reasons

is about it i think

make the request as above- dont single out the default notice in particular

also if you have not done so get a SAR off to the OC right away (10 quid recorded and SIGN it- put a wavy line through the middle of your signature if you wish)

you dont want any delays in getting that information

• 5 weeks later...

MBNA have sent me most of the documents requested. I believe the agreement is faulty, one does not have my signature on, the one for the other card does not contain the prescribed terms. They arrived a week ago and I did not get my defence in time. Judgement was entered against me on Monday. What can I do now????

bump

• 3 years later...

Pre-2007 agreement. Received as a result of CPR request, together with separate current and original T&C docs. It looks to me as it may be unenforceable under s127(3), can anyone confirm why, with reference to regulations?

bump

The question is - why do you consider it to be unenforceable.

Tell us a little more about it for a start.

If it is as illegible IRL as it appears in the pdf then that would certainly be one reason and the regulation for that would be..

Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1557).

Regulation 2 states:

2 Legibility of notices and copy documents and wording of prescribed Forms

(1) The lettering in every notice in a Form prescribed by these Regulations and in every copy of an executed agreement, security instrument or other document referred to in the Act and delivered or sent to a debtor, hirer or surety under any provision of the Act shall, apart from any signature be easily legible and of a colour which is readily distinguishable from the .

Are the terms and conditions provided those you recall from inception ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

CitizenB, I am thinking of the apparent lack of creditor signature and the T&C being separate

Sorry honeybee13, I am losing hope and clutching straws here

CitizenB, the writing is just about legible, apart from the creditor signature area which looks like typexed out

CitizenB, I cannot remember the T&C being the ones received, the original ones are in the same font, I can upload them if it helps

Righto, well sadly the lack of creditor signature means nothing and it can be rectified. Now had it been missing yours, that would have been a different story.

When was the agreement entered into - who with - is in default - are you still paying toward it ?

Does it look as though the terms and conditions are part of the original document ? Obviously the current ones wont be - but if you look at those they say you received at inception you might find discrepancies .. it has been known for reconstructions to carry telephone numbers or addresses that weren't relevant/in use at the time. Devil in detail as they say :)

• Confused 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Wow. Reading that copy reminds me of downing a load of alcohol on a friday night.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

CitizenB, the Customer Satisfaction line differ between agreement and the alleged otiginal T&C, would that be a defence? If so, what regulation would be breached?

Erm, sorry don't understand.. yes, please if you are able to upload the original T & C, that would be great :)

Please be aware that I am not an expert on these documents.. so I will do my best and if necessary try and find someone who might know a little more about these. I think this might be an MBNA agreement, yes ?

BCOBS

Citizenb, I meant the phone numbers are different, going about uptloading now

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46399[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46400[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46401[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46402[/ATTACH]

Citizenb, it is MBNA, sold on, default judgement, charging order, deferred Order for Sale. I need a solid defence to have a hope on undoing it all. Agreement in 2005.

CitizenB, it looks as if the T&C are not part of the agreement beacause the phone numbers are different. what regulation is breeched so that s127(3) could kick in?

CitizenB, anyoone else?

Would I be right to say that CCA 1974 s61(1)(b) is breached as the agreement does not embody all the terms other than implied (ie T&C), therefore it is not properly executed, so under s127(3) cannot be enforced in court ???

honeybee13, any ideas ?

bump

Anyone else?

bump

Citizenb, it is MBNA, sold on, default judgement, charging order, deferred Order for Sale. I need a solid defence to have a hope on undoing it all. Agreement in 2005.

Woah, is there another thread relating to this issue on here as you've just dropped a massive bombshell there.

When was the default CCJ issued against you?

Did you oppose the Charging Order?

Have you made any applications to Court previously?

Thanks.