Gave wrong details in the train station barriers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So i was rushing to the DLR and didn't have time to top up as the train was about to depart. I got to the station and realized that i didn't have enough money to leave so i asked the man standing in the barrier that i had lost my card so that he could let me through. He took me to another gentleman wearing casual clothing and he told me where i came from and how did i pay for the fare, i panicked and said i borrowed fathers travel card in which he told me that travel cards were non transferable. He said he would let me go but wanted to take down my details just to put on the record as a sort of caution.

I didn't trust his word so i gave him a wrong name, wrong door number and wrong year in my date of birth. He didn't verify the details and he read me my rights to silence which made me slightly suspicious but he said it was just for protocol and let me out of the barrier after warning me not to use anyone elses travel card.

I'm a bit paranoid that they may be able to track me down through cctv or something. Was he telling the truth or was he trying to deceive me into giving my details and is it serious enough for them to pursue me?

Edited by honeybee13
Original text restored.

So i was rushing to the DLR and didn't have time to top up as the train was about to depart. I got to the station and realized that i didn't have enough money to leave so i asked the man standing in the barrier that i had lost my card so that he could let me through. He took me to another gentleman wearing casual clothing and he told me where i came from and how did i pay for the fare, i panicked and said i borrowed fathers travel card in which he told me that travel cards were non transferable. He said he would let me go but wanted to take down my details just to put on the record as a sort of caution.

I didn't trust his word so i gave him a wrong name, wrong door number and wrong year in my date of birth. He didn't verify the details and he read me my rights to silence which made me slightly suspicious but he said it was just for protocol and let me out of the barrier after warning me not to use anyone elses travel card.

I'm a bit paranoid that they may be able to track me down through cctv or something. Was he telling the truth or was he trying to deceive me into giving my details and is it serious enough for them to pursue me?

Hello there.

It could be a shame that you didn't say you hadn't topped up your travel card. Is it an Oyster one please?

Would you mind telling us if you used your father's card or not, as it would help us to advise you.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

By lying about your details you may have got away with it, at the expense of commiting a further offense & making it easier for them to prove intent to avoid your fare if they do track you down.

Is it a route you travel often?. If the RPI spots you expect them to call the BTP if they recognise you as someone who has given false details, unless you can prove your correct details (where you'll likely receive a summons)

Mind you, you do like to "chance your arm" with not paying your fare :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?368816-Got-caught-with-my-Mothers-oyster-card.&p=4014438#post4014438

What happened to "I've been worried sick all day and i definitely won't be using it again."

Remember posting about getting caught before not having paid your fare?

Edited by BazzaS

Hello there.

It could be a shame that you didn't say you hadn't topped up your travel card. Is it an Oyster one please?

Would you mind telling us if you used your father's card or not, as it would help us to advise you.

My best, HB

No i didn't use my fathers travel card. I know the logical thing to do was to say i forgot to top up or something but i panicked.

By lying about your details you may have got away with it, at the expense of commiting a further offense & making it easier for them to prove intent to avoid your fare if they do track you down.

Is it a route you travel often?. If the RPI spots you expect them to call the BTP if they recognise you as someone who has given false details, unless you can prove your correct details (where you'll likely receive a summons)

Its not a route i take often. I just had to pop somewhere else after work to buy a few things. You think he was telling the truth when he said it was only a caution and no further action will be taken?

Its not a route i take often. I just had to pop somewhere else after work to buy a few things. You think he was telling the truth when he said it was only a caution and no further action will be taken?

Who knows? He may have been offering you false reassurance so that you didn't "kick off" if he knew you were a previously caught fare dodger.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?368816-Got-caught-with-my-Mothers-oyster-card.&p=4014438#post4014438

Who knows? He may have been offering you false reassurance so that you didn't "kick off" if he knew you were a previously caught fare dodger.

No that was a one off thing. I admitted to that. I'm not a serial fare dodger, this time it was just an honest mistake. I'm anonymous i have nothing to hide. Its very unlikely that he thought i was a previous fare dodger.

No that was a one off thing. I admitted to that. I'm not a serial fare dodger, this time it was just an honest mistake. I'm anonymous i have nothing to hide. Its very unlikely that he thought i was a previous fare dodger.

Hello again.

I hadn't realised you'd had the same problem before and well done to Bazza for spotting it. I'm afraid from what I know of this forum, if they don't think you are a repeat fare dodger, they may soon.

You haven't said if it's an Oyster card or not, but they have very sophisticated systems for matching data and people, I believe.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello again.

I hadn't realised you'd had the same problem before and well done to Bazza for spotting it. I'm afraid from what I know of this forum, if they don't think you are a repeat fare dodger, they may soon.

You haven't said if it's an Oyster card or not, but they have very sophisticated systems for matching data and people, I believe.

HB

I have never had my details taken by an inspector until now.

I have never had my details taken by an inspector until now.

But they have your Mum's details from her Oyster, and the fact they took it off someone abusing it, who stated it was their mother's??

The report from that incident will likely have a description of the person they took the card from.

I never said you were "a serial fare dodger", just that you had previously posted about being caught with your Mum's concessionary Oyster. "Serial fare dodger" is an expression you have used, not I: I said "previously caught fare dodger", basing that on your post as cited.

Edited by BazzaS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks