Considering leaving payplan dmp

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been with Payplan for around 7 years and have cca all of those whom I don't recoginise as the original creditors. Not surprising no one has complied which means three quarters of them are non-compliant. I thought of asking payplan to stop paying them but don't have much confidence in them doing it with out a lot of hassle so I am thinking of cancelling the dmp and dealing with the legit creditors myself.

Any thoughts anyone?

sadly one pit fall of all DMP's

charity paid for etc etc

they never do check a debts legality

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry it said in your first post if it was me I would stop paying until the debts are proven and you also need to find out what the debts are made up of , for instance unlawful charges or any ppi ,when you start to look at the charges you mite find the debts are paid up or even owe you money

charbydis - you need to be very careful about ceasing payments.

Do you know if all the creditors have ceased adding interest and charges ?

Do you know if there is any PPI or default charges on any of the accounts ?

Can you let us know who your creditors are ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

the creditors are

3 cabpt,

3 1st credit,

1 link financial and

2 aktiv capital.

I am working but have no real assets,

I am just thinking of leaving payplan because I think I could manage things better

and having cca requested most of my creditors who have failed to provide proof

I am wondering whether to keep using payplan.

I have no ccjs but am not sure whether they have all stopped adding interest and charges.

I suppose the next thing to do is SAR them all?

well the original creditors yes.

all your debts are with known fleecers esp link!

if none of them have supplied a cca urmm.....

do any of these show on your credit file?

its strange that ALL have been sold off too.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Probably all these debts or unenforeble they may be loaded with unlawful charges or missold ppi that's why thay have been sold to DCA . You realy need to find out what the debts are made up of and start to claim back charges , did you get all the proper paper work when the debts were sold,if you dident you will have a case of not paying .

Sorry to butt in, I stopped paying with Payplan, for each creditor that could not supply the right credit agreement. One DCA has given my information to another company, who are looking money. So Payplan are being reported to the ICO. They are a pack of *******

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

well no, theres no remit for any DMC be them, charity, fee paying, or otherwise

to do any checks sadly

you'd think they would mind.

as for those 'creditors' that have FAILEd the 12+2 working days deadline

STOP PAYING, fire off the failure to comply letter.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?436-Failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

• Confused 1

and they

Any background on the debts that have gone to the DCA's ? some of us might have some insight into some of them.

For example, I know that if you have a Barclays debt with Aktiv from a certain date range, they will immediately write off the debt if you send them a prove it letter. Even if you are currently in a payment arrangement with them!

The reason for this is that Aktiv were sent a load of corrupt data at one time and are very reluctant to enforce payment after any kind of challenge on the batch of debts that were affected. Not to mention they were also trading without a licence at the time.

others may have usefull titbits about your debts.

Hi, 1st Credit I think have lost the plot, they keep on saying to me if you pay half the money, we will write it off, I would need to have a look at who the other DCA's are, I know Cabot has about 5 of them.

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

The best advise is stop paying and start to find out if the are even legally entitled to collect them money,

for starters sent the DCA's a CCA request costs £1-00 for each debt, it's money well worth spent, send it, get proof of posting keep it safe.

As and when/if they send one back check it out in depth or post it up in PDF form, for us to look into,

It may appear you are being used as a cash cow at present,

it always pays to deal with the OC from the getgo,

But as always seek advise before you part with any money,

there are people that claim allsorts to make your debts go away, but always for a price,

most of the time and with advise you can do this for FREE yourself,

give us an update as and when you can, you must have gathered the CAG is free and a great place for free advise,

use us wisely and save a mint ok?

As for your last post #19 it looks that way anyways...

. Always stay off the phone don't go through security just say in writing then hang up and wait,

keep all the letters they send you as you may need them later.

Thx MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Hi, 1st Credit I think have lost the plot, they keep on saying to me if you pay half the money, we will write it off, I would need to have a look at who the other DCA's are, I know Cabot has about 5 of them.

discount ignore

dx

and they