BankFodder BankFodder

Nathan3699

Are EE in breach of contract?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2453 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

Id appreciate some advice.

I took a contact out around this time last year with Orange for an iPhone 5, I never received a copy of the T&C so I am just going off the EE website. My phone got damaged last weekend at Bestival which I accept liability for (this isn't the problem) . I cant afford to buy another iPhone so I have bought a cheap handset as a make-do for now. As the iPhone 5 uses a nano sim, and my new handset uses a micro sim I called EE to see if they could send me a replacement, I offered to pay for this service as per my contract. I have been told on 2 occasions that this is not possible and was told to buy a sim card adapter. I followed there advice but unfortunately the adapter makes it slightly thicker and it still doesn't fit. Called EE a third time and this time was given the advice to cancel my contact early and pay the termination charge. (11 months line rental)

Are they aloud to be this awkward over something as simple as a sim card?

Thanks for the help,

Nathan

They are under no obligation to provide one since it was your fault and they didnt provide the replacement phone. However it would be good customer service to provide one.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Suspected that may be the case, thanks for the helo.

Absolute twaddle. They can do it. Ring again and be clear that you need a micro sim. If they cannot do it free of charge then ask if they can treat this like a lost sim card situation and send out a micro sim that way. Either way, they can do it and have done it before.

As i said, they CAN, but there is absolutely zero obligation for them to do so. However, doing so would be exemplary customer service. Obligation would only come into play if THEY provided the phone.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D