Letter from Bryan Carter Sols advice wanted - Urgent

Chris40k
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3879 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have received a letter from Bryan Carter Sols advising that they have been instructed by Fredrickson International on behalf of Lowell Financial to issue court proceedings on 19 Sept 2013. I have had several letters over the past 5 months regarding this but as I have had no dealings with Lowell Financial I have ignored it rightly or wrongly. After looking at my credit file on Noddle it appears that the account relates to the overdraft on my old Halifax Current Account for £821, Halifax defaulted the account on 12/03/08 and they have marked the account as satisfied 31/08/12, a month prior Lowell have registered a debt for the same amount and ref no so I assume they have bought the debt. The debt is due to be statute barred in 6 months and before you think I am willfully trying to avoid the debt a little background info might be in order.

I started to get into financial difficulties back in 2007 after the birth of my daughter and my then partner becoming ill, upto this point I had paid all my bills as and when they fell due. I tried to keep up my payments as much as possible but my partner losing her job in 2009 and me being made redundant in 2010 made this impossible. Since this time I have only been able to get temporary work such that I can only afford to pay for my current living costs and have very little spare. I have debts amounting to circa £43,000 but only the smaller debts have actually chased for payment with this being the largest, 2 of my debts totalling £15,000 become statute barred in the next month or so with the remainder barring my Mortgage shortfall becoming statute barred over the next 2-3 years, none of which have chased for payment except for the few debts under 1k. I would like to make payment but to clear all my debts would take over 20 years, so barring declaring bankruptcy and finding a way to pay the £700 fee my only real hope is hope all the debts become statute barred. I do have a few hundred pounds saved so may be able to offer a small settlement, I am thinking of sending the prove it letter to give me a little more time to decide what to do, but any advice is greatly appreciated.