BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Thanks so much for ya advice ive been pulling my hair out since they rang friday didnt no where to turn to. going down to the bank 1st thing tuesday and wont speak to any one until its gone threw. sorry dont no how to reply to each message so just going to put it here. Ive had the hire car for 2 months and its a brand new aldi a4 (they gave me a like for like as mine was a bmw 320d). Had no other car to use and i care for my uncle and have been dropping parcels off to my grandma who cant leave the house so needed transport.  Nothings been said about personal injury i did go to the doctors to get some strong pain killers as my back was hurting was a 70 mph crash on the motorway. When the comany who hired the car rang they said the 3rd party haf new evidence involving the crash. 
    • It was Definitely via my debit card, I’ve tried to get hold of parent pay in several occasions, can only email them and no response, the reviews are saying that they don’t respond and are not issuing refunds probably.      i understand the pandemic is causing back log etc but I had an holiday in October and already that’s been sorted, the holiday in April was sorted, I know it’s a lot more for the school but we get no update other then it’s with the insurance 
    • In the current circumstances a wait of at least 2 months from date trip cancelled, before getting a refund is pretty likely.   The schools arranging these trips often use the same Insurance companies as hundreds of other schools arranging the trips around about the same time.   The school probably did'nt submit the Insurance claim until many weeks after the trip was cancelled, as the school admin staff may not have been at school due to the lockdown.  And the Insurance company will have had the same situation, with a lot more work being received with less staff to process it.   Of course you can complain to the school,  ask for details of when they submitted the Insurance claim and what timescales the Insurers have advised about settling claims, but I am not sure they will be able to clarify much. Worth trying though.   This pandemic has caught many organisation out. They just don't have the resources available to deal with so much at the same time and it is going to take months to complete all of the oustanding actions required.   Of course you can look into recovering the money, as suggested by my colleagues, but I have a feeling the school will say refunds depend on the Insurance company paying the claim.
    • Also, looking at their terms conditions very briefly https://www.parentpay.com/terms-and-conditions/  it seems to say that your funds are placed in an special holding account which is ring fenced. I have a look at the rest of the terms and conditions yet. Also, in terms of the chargeback – although a chargeback is basically voluntary – I don't understand why your bank is relying on the parent pay terms and conditions because there is a contract with you and not the bank. The bank is a third party and I don't understand why the bank feels obligated by a contract to which is not a party Did you actually pay by debit card rather than credit card?
    • I paid to parent pay by card I have tried going through my bank but They have said no due to parent pays terms and conditions, this is the banks response 
  • Our picks

• View this quiz Employment status during COVID-19
      What do you do if you’ve been told not to come to work due to the current crisis.  Watch the video here or on the Youth Consumer Service Instagram page.

Did you learn anything? Do the quiz

Submitter BankFodder Type One Right Answer Time 5 minutes Total Questions 8 Category The Youth Consumer Service Submitted 15/05/20  
      • 0 replies
    • One Parking Solutions - Damning judgement. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421148-one-parking-solutions-damning-judgement/
        • Thanks
      • 63 replies
    • View this quiz Coping with extreme hardship
      Life can be tough when you're entering the world of work and in the present virus crisis, things are even more difficult.

Watch the video below or go to the Youth Consumer Service Instagram page . Afterwards, you can see if you've understood the points which are being made by taking the quiz.

Submitter BankFodder Type One Right Answer Time 5 minutes Total Questions 8 Category The Youth Consumer Service Submitted 15/05/20  
      • 1 reply
    • View this quiz: Pre-pay meters
      An explanation of how some gas and electric companies offer emergency quarantine support.

Watch the video here – or go to the Youth Consumer Service Instagram page and watch it there. Then come back here and do the quiz

Submitter BankFodder Type One Right Answer Time 5 minutes Total Questions 6 Category The Youth Consumer Service Submitted 15/05/20  
      • 1 reply
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2448 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My sister works for the government and was hospitalized for 4 week with alot of health problems.

She has been off work for 3 months so her workplace has asked ATOS to give her a telephone consultation.

I am going to record the conversation using Trucall - do I have to inform them?

I want to record it as I will be doing most of the talking as my sister is on heavy medication, and they will be asking her detailed questions.

Also, should they have notes from her doctor about what is wrong with and what her meds are and how severe her illness is or is this something I talk to them about over the telephone?

Goingforward, as your Sister applied for ESA. It seems very strange that ATOS is involved at all if she as not. Her work place should not be able to refer her to ATOS.

Mastif - apparently as she works for the Government they can do this to see when she will be fit to get back to her post.

Mastif - apparently as she works for the Government they can do this to see when she will be fit to get back to her post.

I have asked people with more experience than I to have a look at this there appears to me something very wrong here.

Hi,

you don't have to tell them anything about recording so long as you don't make the actual recording available to anyone. The transcript of the call however....:!:

I would love to see the outcome of this assessment as if Atos say she is unfit for work and gets made redundant/retired on ill health, the benefits agency will then send her to Atos for one of their own assessments for ESA. While it won't help your sister at all, it would help us show just how unethical Atos are as it would be likely that the DWP will (from the Atos asessment) probaly say she is fit for some work.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Silverfox - what do you mean about "the Transcripts?" do you mean notes there end/

No not transcripts from their end. You are allowed to make written copies of what is said on the recording. Takes time but (as far as I am aware), there is nothing stopping you passing it on to anyone so long as you obscure names and other identifying marks

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

:Going forward:

Atos have most, if not all, of the contracts for occupational health assessment of Government employees.

Data protection legislation is very clear that in the circumstances described you don't have to inform Atos that you are making an audio record of the conversation if the recording is for personal use.

Be aware that Atos may use the same data protection legislation to get awkward about talking to you instead of your sister. When it suits, they're useless with third party authority.

Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

The good thing is I have already had one telephone conversation with them (they phoned me) and they expect me to be there as per my sisters request.

What happens if there report is different to the recording? Can I make it known then that I have a recording of the consultation.?

Margaret has it - this is not a benefits assessment for ESA or DLA. It's an occupational health assessment being done by Atos on behalf of her employer. If the OP wishes, I can move this thread to the Employment section of the forum where there are people who know about these sorts of things.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Margaret has it - this is not a benefits assessment for ESA or DLA. It's an occupational health assessment being done by Atos on behalf of her employer. If the OP wishes, I can move this thread to the Employment section of the forum where there are people who know about these sorts of things.

If you could that would be great - did not realise that I had posted in the wrong section.

If you could that would be great - did not realise that I had posted in the wrong section.

OK, that's done. No problem - it can be hard to figure out what's going on.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

so this is a really routine thing and not normally something to worry about

the Atos person, probably a nurse, will ask what your GP has said, the underlying condition, any adjustments that could speed a return to work, and will advise the employer accordingly.

I wouldn't bother recording the call but I would ask for a copy of the report.

If needed they will ask for GP reports after the call.

The employer may be considering dismissal at 3 months if it looks likely to drag on, so if it is possible I'd be emphasising "ready to come back soon."

The report usually just regurgitates what you tell them.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!