ATOS advice badly needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My sister works for the government and was hospitalized for 4 week with alot of health problems.

She has been off work for 3 months so her workplace has asked ATOS to give her a telephone consultation.

I am going to record the conversation using Trucall - do I have to inform them?

I want to record it as I will be doing most of the talking as my sister is on heavy medication, and they will be asking her detailed questions.

Also, should they have notes from her doctor about what is wrong with and what her meds are and how severe her illness is or is this something I talk to them about over the telephone?

Hi,

you don't have to tell them anything about recording so long as you don't make the actual recording available to anyone. The transcript of the call however....:!:

I would love to see the outcome of this assessment as if Atos say she is unfit for work and gets made redundant/retired on ill health, the benefits agency will then send her to Atos for one of their own assessments for ESA. While it won't help your sister at all, it would help us show just how unethical Atos are as it would be likely that the DWP will (from the Atos asessment) probaly say she is fit for some work.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

No not transcripts from their end. You are allowed to make written copies of what is said on the recording. Takes time but (as far as I am aware), there is nothing stopping you passing it on to anyone so long as you obscure names and other identifying marks

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

:Going forward:

Atos have most, if not all, of the contracts for occupational health assessment of Government employees.

Data protection legislation is very clear that in the circumstances described you don't have to inform Atos that you are making an audio record of the conversation if the recording is for personal use.

Be aware that Atos may use the same data protection legislation to get awkward about talking to you instead of your sister. When it suits, they're useless with third party authority.

Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

The good thing is I have already had one telephone conversation with them (they phoned me) and they expect me to be there as per my sisters request.

What happens if there report is different to the recording? Can I make it known then that I have a recording of the consultation.?

Margaret has it - this is not a benefits assessment for ESA or DLA. It's an occupational health assessment being done by Atos on behalf of her employer. If the OP wishes, I can move this thread to the Employment section of the forum where there are people who know about these sorts of things.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Margaret has it - this is not a benefits assessment for ESA or DLA. It's an occupational health assessment being done by Atos on behalf of her employer. If the OP wishes, I can move this thread to the Employment section of the forum where there are people who know about these sorts of things.

If you could that would be great - did not realise that I had posted in the wrong section.

If you could that would be great - did not realise that I had posted in the wrong section.

OK, that's done. No problem - it can be hard to figure out what's going on.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

so this is a really routine thing and not normally something to worry about

the Atos person, probably a nurse, will ask what your GP has said, the underlying condition, any adjustments that could speed a return to work, and will advise the employer accordingly.

I wouldn't bother recording the call but I would ask for a copy of the report.

If needed they will ask for GP reports after the call.

The employer may be considering dismissal at 3 months if it looks likely to drag on, so if it is possible I'd be emphasising "ready to come back soon."

The report usually just regurgitates what you tell them.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!