Is hasting group any good for car insurance?

edinburghguy15
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

I am very new to this website, and the reason I'm posting here is because this comes in the top with regards to the reviews.

So the situation is, I'm planning to buy a car next week, and I was checking for Insurances on Google, for obvious reasons Hasting Direct is coming up as the Cheapest. The quotes I'm getting so far are as follows:

(I'm only 20 and I passed my Test last month, so the Insurance is costing me a FORTUNE, and that's the reason why I WOULD LIKE TO VERY CAREFUL AS I AM PAYING A FORTUNE SO I NEED TO MAKE SURE I'M PAYING IT FOR GOOD AND NOT GETTING IN WRONG HANDS)

1. Hasting Direct: £ 1,679. Doesny include Legal & Windscreen!

2. INSURE: 1,679. Doesny include Legal & Breakdown!

3. People's Chocie: £1,679. NO Legal & Breakdown

4. Hasting Premier: £ 1,739. Includes Legal, Courtesy Car, Breakdown & Windscreen.

5. Likewise: £1,862. Includes Everything!

ALSO THESE QUOTES ARE ONLY WITH TOTAL OF £145 EXCESS!

Other than these mentioned are all over £2,200 which I am really canny offered it!

So, as I said, I would like to make sure that I'm investing my hard earned money in good!

YOUR HELP WOULD BE REALLY APPRECIATED, THANKS ALL!

If you look at the complaint statistics from the FOS, you will see some of these names having work to do, to improve their customer services. You may use them and have no problems.

Ask yourself the question as to why you are shopping online for your Insurance, when previous surveys have shown that it is often cheaper to arrange through a high street broker. There have been a number of TV programmes that have looked at cost of Insurances for younger drivers and in many they have managed to get the best quote from local Insurance brokers. If you use a brokers, they can help you with any issues you have in the future e.g delays with a claim.

If you search for brokers, try to avoid Swintons who are owned by a large French Insurers, who don't appear to be interested in customer service.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Get a black box provider and limit the amount you drive and the times you drive for the first year. It could drop your premiums by 50% but there are strict rules to follow

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?399453-The-best-and-worst-car-insurers

The Best Car Insurer

NFU blew the competition out of the water and achieved a score of 89.09%, ticking the right boxes for great customer service and attentive staff.

Have a read of the article linked above.

If you scroll down the page, Hastings came in around 37th !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If you search for brokers, try to avoid Swintons who are owned by a large French Insurers, who don't appear to be interested in customer service.

sorry but im with swintons have been for 4years, i have never had a problem with them, they have always been polite and helpful to me and i always get fairly cheap quotes from them.

Hello leigh.

Thank you for commenting and I'm pleased you've had a good experience with Swintons. We've seen posts here that show that other people haven't been so lucky, sadly.

My best, HB

Your welcome HB,

But its the same for anything isnt it some people have no problems whilst others do.

Yes i have been lucky i suppose and Swintons have been good to me but maybe not others, which is shame but my local office customer services are very polite,understanding and helpful.

If you look at the complaint statistics from the FOS, you will see some of these names having work to do, to improve their customer services. You may use them and have no problems.

Ask yourself the question as to why you are shopping online for your Insurance, when previous surveys have shown that it is often cheaper to arrange through a high street broker. There have been a number of TV programmes that have looked at cost of Insurances for younger drivers and in many they have managed to get the best quote from local Insurance brokers. If you use a brokers, they can help you with any issues you have in the future e.g delays with a claim.

The only reason I'm shopping Online is because that's what I was being told to by my pals who's been driving for years and years now. And I never knew anything about the Brokers or TV programs or anything like that, and I also felt that doing it online makes it handy. You know I mean? You just get an Instant Reply straight away.

I really don't wan't to do that, I dannie wan't anything like that which keeps track of me, Na, that's a straight No, but thanks for your help!

BTW this reply was for {renegadeimp} regarding the Box!

Edited by edinburghguy15

Have a read of the article linked above.

If you scroll down the page, Hastings came in around 37th !

After looking at this list, I just rang NFU straight away to get a quote and I couldny believe when the lassie on the phone told me the quote, OMG, it is about £7,000 :!: and I was like, You Winding Me Up?

Hahaha, now why would anybody pay for that, not me I mean just anybody, that's stupid!

I'll try some others and see if I get any cheaper anywhere else.

But really appreciate your reply bud, ta!

After looking at this list, I just rang NFU straight away to get a quote and I couldny believe when the lassie on the phone told me the quote, OMG, it is about £7,000 :!: and I was like, You Winding Me Up?

Hahaha, now why would anybody pay for that, not me I mean just anybody, that's stupid!

I'll try some others and see if I get any cheaper anywhere else.

But really appreciate your reply bud, ta!

Sheesh.. !!! I agree that is just plain bizarre, however, I guess it is probably one reason they are quoted as one of the best !! They can afford to be.

You say your pal advised you the best way to obtain quotes - what insurer is he with and would the company he is with offer a discount for him referring you ?

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I really don't wan't to do that, I dannie wan't anything like that which keeps track of me, Na, that's a straight No, but thanks for your help!

BTW this reply was for {renegadeimp} regarding the Box!

Understandable but at your age, you are going to be looking at over £1000 guaranteed, unless you go for the box, you go for third party insurance ( not recommended), or you hike up your excess.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Understandable but at your age, you are going to be looking at over £1000 guaranteed, unless you go for the box, you go for third party insurance ( not recommended), or you hike up your excess.

That's what I've been thinking about it today that I should probably increase my Voluntary Excess to £200 & the Compulsory is £95 and that a total of roughly £300, and if I get the Likewise to even £1500, I would buy it, because if u look at it, If I don't make a Claim I would be saving myself £300 straight away whereas if I do Claim it then I would pay £300, which I was gonni pay initially, so might as well hope for the best and save myself £300. If that make sense?

Sheesh.. !!! I agree that is just plain bizarre, however, I guess it is probably one reason they are quoted as one of the best !! They can afford to be.

You say your pal advised you the best way to obtain quotes - what insurer is he with and would the company he is with offer a discount for him referring you ?

I don't know, I got quite a few but they keep on changing there's every year so I don't know, lets see if increasing my excess makes a big difference first!

Hastings have their own dedicated section on this forum, can you guess why?

Fair enough mate, I can understand! But tbh I haveny got any other choice & that's because all these companies I mentioned earlier on they all are part of the Hasting Group, I didn't knew about it before but I just spotted it on their website so regardless the fact I go to any I would be getting the same level of Service, I'm assuming.

And also,because my choice is very limited at the moment I guess I'll be better off taking the cheapest one i.e Hasting Direct and be a good driver for a year and don't make any claim.

This will eventually result in me turning 21 with 1 year NCB and then hopefully I'll be having better choices next year and then I can move onto any freely, if that make any sense?