DVLA tampered with application for imported bike **Resolved**

king12345
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't hold your breath! but you may be lucky as the Bike was first registered in the EU.

After 2004 the Directive EC 37/1999 applies and the harmonised parameter date of first registration is defined as the date on which the vehicle was administratively authorized to enter service in road traffic identified and issued with a serial number known as the registration number for the first time.

That is defined in UK legislation by Regulation 10A of the Road vehicles (Registration and Licensing) Regulations 2002.

As far as tampering with the application form is concerned; according to the DVLA "Although there are no written instructions to do so it is common practice for the application form to be corrected".

The DVLA also admit to rewriting a whole form with "addional information" and then processing that form as if the applicant had filled it in.

Little update on this.
I received a check as a refund for the number plates for the wrong registration.
I also spoke to them yesterday and they confirmed that the date of first registration has been corrected and I should receive the v5c in a week or so.
Without me prompting the girl on the phone stated the correct date as 19/07/83, so I hope all will be ok.
Will let you know.
This eu regulation is nuts; a vehicle cold be certified to comply with standards today and eventually leave the factory 5 years later.
In my opinion, tampering with official documents, even if common practice, it's still wrong and possibly illegal under the fraud act.
Thanks for all the replies.

Don't hold your breath! but you may be lucky as the Bike was first registered in the EU.

After 2004 the Directive EC 37/1999 applies and the harmonised parameter date of first registration is defined as the date on which the vehicle was administratively authorized to enter service in road traffic identified and issued with a serial number known as the registration number for the first time.

That is defined in UK legislation by Regulation 10A of the Road vehicles (Registration and Licensing) Regulations 2002.

As far as tampering with the application form is concerned; according to the DVLA "Although there are no written instructions to do so it is common practice for the application form to be corrected".

The DVLA also admit to rewriting a whole form with "addional information" and then processing that form as if the applicant had filled it in.

Just read your post again and yes, the definition of date of first registration is correct.
the date on which the vehicle was administratively authorized to enter service in road traffic identified and issued with a serial number known as the registration number for the first time is the 19/07/83.
They instead used the date when the certificate of conformity to standwas issued to the prototype (1982).
Even by this eu directive they're wrong

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Good result.

I got the V5C finally and all the details are correct.

There's a note in the first page which says 'duplicate document' but I suppose that doesn't affect the value of the bike.

Thanks for your input.

Hi King

Glad to see its resolved, not an easy or quick process with a machine the size of the dvla

It's only taken 7 months, a threat of criminal charge and a dozen letters.
Efficiency at its best with DVLA.
Credit to the Wimbledon manager for taking over from Swansea and sorting it out.