• Tweets

• Our price is the same all day, but varies day to day. Yes there's a risk of high prices but it has never gone above SVR any time since I signed up. Last 30 days average 17.67p/kWh, max 20.67 and lowest was 11.83.  It saved just under £300 during 2023.  
    • It you had E7 in the past but have converted to single rate then the meter will still hold the last recorded Night readings. This introduces scope for error when manually reading. If the meter has only ever been used on single rate then there's only one figure that can be taken. For example ours shows "Rate 1" reading and a "Total import" reading, but they both give the sme figure. If it has ever been on E7 the total will be higher, including the retained night reading.
    • okay, perfect and thank you so much for the help once again. so firstly i am going to initiate the breathing space, during this time it's likely ill receive a default. when i receive the default are you aware of how long it will take for me to know whether the OC have sold it off to DCAs? Once it's with the DCAs i do not need to worry as they cannot issue a CCJ only the OCs can Even if i decide to come an arrangement with the DCAs no point as the default will remain for 6 years paid or not paid I should only consider repayment if the OC still won the debt and then issue a CCJ? Just to confirm the default will not be seen after 6 years? No one can tell I had one then after 6 years ill be all good?
    • I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

DVLA tampered with application for imported bike **Resolved**

king12345
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

In May I imported a bike from Italy and submitted an application to register it in UK along with all other documents including the original 30 year old log book in mint conditions.

After a few weeks I received a V5C with incorrect make, model and date of first registration (25/06/1982 instead of 19/07/1983).

I sent it back with a covering letter and a crystal clear colour copy of the original log book, highlighting their mistakes.

They changed the make and model, but not the date because someone had crossed off the correct date on the application and put the wrong one.

I explained to them over the phone that tampering with official documents is a criminal offence, but they accused me of changing the date.

To cut the long story short, I wrote to them 3 times and phoned them at least 5 times.

Last week finally someone admitted their mistake as the date is clearly marked on the original log book and they said they would have changed it.

Instead today I received a call from a guy at Wimbledon local office who very rudely said that there was nothing I could do and have to live with it Because the log book was not clear and slammed the phone down.

I called the 0300 number and they refused to let me speak to a manager.

They said that if anyone has tampered with the application, it was at the Wimbledon office.They suggested that I get a manufacturer report to prove the correct date of first registration.

The problem is that to get something like this in Italy will be practically impossible.

What do I do now?

The bike will lose all the historical value because it was not even in production in 1982.

These guys probably enjoy screwing things up for us motorists.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by citizenB
formatting

Stop calling them on the phone. Get a formal complaint in to the head office.

Edited by citizenB

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Stop calling the phone monkeys. Get a formal complaint in to the head office.

I did, 3 times and they ignored me.

Unless I've been sending it to the wrong office.

I sent them to

DVLA SWANSEA

SA99 1BA

Is there a different address for the head office?

Edited by citizenB

Are you addressing it to the correct department, or just the general address?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

You could try getting help from interested Clubs such as any that exists for the Make concerned,

The Federation of Historic Vehicles.

The ACU might be worth a visit too.

Through Clubs and their umbrella organisations, they have a measure of 'clout' at getting listened to as well as exactly who to speak to.

Lets go right to the top:

Simon Tse

Chief Executive

DVLA

Swansea SA6 7JL

We aim to immediately confirm that we have received your complaint.

You need to provide full details of your complaint and the response you have received so far and Simon Tse will make sure that the manager of the responsible area answers your complaint within two weeks.

Please allow 3-4 days for postage. If it is going to take us longer than this to give you a full reply, we will let you know.

If, after writing to Simon Tse, you are not happy with the way we have handled your complaint, you can write back to us asking to have the matter referred to an Independent Complaints Assessor (ICA). Once in receipt of your request, the ICA will let you know if they can review your case. So, it would be helpful if you explain in your letter why your complaint should be reviewed.

I would send it by recorded delivery.

If they have tampered with the records, it is a criminal offence. It's no different than me or you doing it to forge paperwork for a vehicle.

Very true, but they will cover each other and even if dvla is found guilty as an organization, i don't think the court can force them to correct the records.

Or can they?

Also, probably the police will take the complaint and give me a reference number, but I doubt they will investigate.

Can I take them to court on a private prosecution for a criminal offence?

Some potentially good news.

I received a call from Wimbledon manager and she assured me that they will correct the date.

She asked me to send the v5c directly to her, so fingers crossed.

It must have been the email i sent to the ceo yesterday threatening legal actions.

Let's hope for the best

Ok, got another call from Wimbledon manager and she said they will have to change the number plate to reflect the year.

They offered to pay for the plates I had done as well as the insurance admin fee to change the number plate.

Let's hope everything works out.

Thanks for your help, I'll keep you updated

If you are happy that's good.

Make sure the age related number (1982 or will it be the earlier manufacture year, as it was not in production in 1982?) is transferrable and not restricted to that vehicle

(they sometimes do that, particularly when the provenance of a vehicle is not fully conclusive).

Any such restriction would be noted on the V5C and could detract and deter a little interest in the bike should you exhibit or sell it.

If you are happy that's good.

Make sure the age related number (1982 or will it be the earlier manufacture year, as it was not in production in 1982?) is transferrable and not restricted to that vehicle

(they sometimes do that, particularly when the provenance of a vehicle is not fully conclusive).

Any such restriction would be noted on the V5C and could detract and deter a little interest in the bike should you exhibit or sell it.

thanks,
I will make sure that there's nothing dodgy on the new V5C when it arrives.
They said they will give me a number plate ending in Y (1983) as the one I've got now ending in X is related to the wrong year (1982).
She assured me that it will all be ok as she was looking into it very thoroughly.
Let's hope for the best

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I received the new number plate related to the 1983 correct year of manufacture.

Now waiting for the v5c.

Hopefully all the details will be correct.

I also sent the invoices for the number plates I purchased on the wrong registration, but still no refund.

It's only been 5 days though.

Thanks for all the advice and I keep you updated.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

A little update on this.

I called dvla to get an update as I haven't received the v5c yet.

They had no record of the new number plate even though I received the number plate certificate some 4 weeks ago.

Few minutes after I finished the call, the wimbledon manager phoned me and said not to worry and it can take up to 6 weeks to update the records.

Should I believe them?

Is this a further screw up?

Thanks for your help

Don't hold your breath! but you may be lucky as the Bike was first registered in the EU.

After 2004 the Directive EC 37/1999 applies and the harmonised parameter date of first registration is defined as the date on which the vehicle was administratively authorized to enter service in road traffic identified and issued with a serial number known as the registration number for the first time.

That is defined in UK legislation by Regulation 10A of the Road vehicles (Registration and Licensing) Regulations 2002.

As far as tampering with the application form is concerned; according to the DVLA "Although there are no written instructions to do so it is common practice for the application form to be corrected".

The DVLA also admit to rewriting a whole form with "addional information" and then processing that form as if the applicant had filled it in.