Wrag - how do I get into the Support Group and other questions

kshaw
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there i won my ESA appeal last month but was put in the WRAG. for 2 years

how do i go about being placed in the support group?

and also how long is the WRAG last for?

and is it weekly meetings?

and what happens after the WRAG as finished?

any advice would help.

any advice would help.

Hi, When was you placed into the WRAG group. If you feel that you should have been placed into the support group then you need to appeal again against the decision.

Are you on contribution based ESA or income based ESA.

Have you been contacted byJCP yet

If you are in the WRAG group Your contribution based ESA will only be for 365 days.

If you feel that you should be in the support group then you should appeal now! you only have 28 days.

Edited by mr_mastiff

:kshaw:

'...... i won my ESA appeal last month ......'

Was this a revision by Jobcentreplus or an oral/paper hearing by an employment n support tribunal panel?

If it was a revision by Jobcentreplus you can submit a new appeal to be awarded employment n support allowance with the support component.

If it was an upheld appeal by a tribunal panel you need to apply, within one month of the decision, for the statement of reasons. As already stated, a first tier tribunal decision can only be appealed on an error of law. There's some guidance as to errors of law at;

http://disabilityrightsuk.org/appealing-upper-tribunal-against-first-tier-tribunal-decision

An award of employment n support with the work related activity component doesn't have a fixed term. You appear to have a recommendation of two years before reassessment, but Jobcentreplus can reassess whenever they want to. The frequency of work focused interviews/work related activity is decided by your adviser, but with a recommendation of two years before reassessment you can't be referred to the work programme.

If your award's based on your national insurance contributions, it's time limited to three hundred and sixty five days. After that, if you or a partner don't have other income or savings above £16,000 you'll be able to apply for an income related award.

Best wishes, Margaret. :panda:

Do you believe you meet the criteria for an award of employment n support with the support component?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@disabled/documents/digitalasset/dg_177366.pdf

(pages 10 - 12 and 25 - 27)

Edited by **Margaret**

any advice would help.

If this was the decision of the Tribunal and not the DWP, you will have to appeal to the Tribunal on very limited and strict conditions. If it was a Tribunal that decided this then you are appealing against their decision which is very difficult to do.

The only thing you can do is put in another application to the DWP telling them that since the first assessment with ATOS your health has gone down the pan!