car bought from ebay

Andrew0000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have you been to the local police and told them whats going on? They have a lot more facility to check things out. And if you tell them you have genuine concerns that the vehicle may be stolen, especially with the switched ignition system, they are duty bound to investigate. If the local station wont do anything, head to your main station instead.

With the local station, dont speak to the "officers" on the front desk. They are normally civilians. Speak to a sergeant or above.

You need to get things officially checked out so you can set your mind at ease. Atm, all we are doing is guessing. A thorough investigation should prove what is going on.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you been to the local police and told them whats going on? They have a lot more facility to check things out. And if you tell them you have genuine concerns that the vehicle may be stolen, especially with the switched ignition system, they are duty bound to investigate. If the local station wont do anything, head to your main station instead.

With the local station, dont speak to the "officers" on the front desk. They are normally civilians. Speak to a sergeant or above.

You need to get things officially checked out so you can set your mind at ease. Atm, all we are doing is guessing. A thorough investigation should prove what is going on.

I've been to the police station today and even stopped an officer in the street , they will not use there powers to check a vehicle unless they do so themselfs for a traffic reason and not for public checks

Go to the main station and tell them what has happened. Tell them you genuinely suspect the car is stolen, as you had the car checked out by BMW.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

It's not public if you tell them what you have told us here. especially that you had it checked by BMW and they ignition bay has been changed.

That sounds very strange. AS if the police are trying to fob you off. They should know that a HPI check rarely shows the correct info immediately. If the vehicle was stolen, and the owners were away for a while, the HPI check wouldnt show anything.

It may be as you said before. It could just be a ton of coincidences coming together and nothing is wrong.

Today is a bad news day for me i'm afraid .........Car was stolen and cloned, police impounded the car today and are chasing up with the seller, police officer said it does not look good for getting my money back and the only thing i could possibly do is try and get hold of the insurance company that has paid out the owner of the stolen car and maybe do a deal with them for the title of the car that would have to be put back to all original with the vin numbers and so on

:-( Sorry to hear it Andrew. I had a feeling that something wasnt quite right.

Yeah it wasn't adding up was it , had a gut feeling myself , Only hope now is that the insurance have already paid out and just want rid of the car and sell it for peanuts which i doubt but live in hope i suppose cos im skint and it will be buses otherwise

Yeah it wasn't adding up was it , had a gut feeling myself , Only hope now is that the insurance have already paid out and just want rid of the car and sell it for peanuts which i doubt but live in hope i suppose cos im skint and it will be buses otherwise

I am gutted for you, however get onto HPI and inform them. Read the T & Cs for the HPI check very carefully to make sure whether you can claim or not. At the very least ask for a full refund plus compensation as it was a result of their info you bought the car. Worth a shot in my opinion.

Actually if you pursued it into the courts they may pay some compensation as a court case in the papers could destroy all their credibility.

I am gutted for you, however get onto HPI and inform them. Read the T & Cs for the HPI check very carefully to make sure whether you can claim or not. At the very least ask for a full refund plus compensation as it was a result of their info you bought the car. Worth a shot in my opinion.

Actually if you pursued it into the courts they may pay some compensation as a court case in the papers could destroy all their credibility.

No cover for a clone which is pointless in having a full check .* Any ideas how to get hold of the original owners name of the insurance company , police won't give it out so I'm stuffed otherwise , tried the mid database with the real reg number and it comes up with nothing

So sorry to hear this Andrew. I had a feeling something was wrong.

I don't know how you could contact the owner. Try checking the online MOT service and see what garages have MOT'd it. Contact them, they might know the owner. Other than that. Sorry. I feel gutted for you.

yes i have,

The insurance company own the vehicle now and ive heared from the police officer who has contacted the original owner and he may be interested in purchasing it back :-( Does he have automatic rights to get offered first?

Thanks