Gpb solicitors for o2 debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3879 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help!

I received a letter from these people today.

The letter was headed INTENTION TO ISSUE PROCEEDINGS.

Giving me 10 days to pay the balance or they will CONsIDER THE ISSUE OF PROCEEDINGS.

It is for an o2 debt from tthis year so no escaping that

I can not afford to pay anything meaningfull to them.

I also noted that the letter was dated 02/09/2013

I only received it today

do they do this to catch you out.

They dont accept emails and seem very insistant that I contact them by phone and I will never do that.

What is the best way to deal with this.

GPB must only contact you via writing, if they ring, laugh and hang up.

Keep everything in writing, keep a diary of events also especially regard to their harassment by phone.

Did 02 inform you they were passing this onto GPB?

How much is this?

What was the last correspondence from 02?

Have you checked your credit files?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

GBP are one of many solicitors who only send out letters on behalf of companies. If you were to telephone them you will go through to the collections department of O2.

Suggest you write to the address given on the letter head and send it by recorded delivery - that way they will have to pass that on for you.

Is there a post mark on the envelope ? It is almost certain they have used 2nd class mail.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I had stopped paying o2 and I was still under contract with them. I haven't got the envelope so I cant check that. I am thinking of offering £1 per week as I really can't afford much. Do you think this will be accepted and do you think they will push court action

How long was the contract for?

How much was left on it (months) before you stopped paying?

Contact 02 direct, cut out their inept middle men, again this will be better done via letter, I personally WOULD start paying something towards this, BUT DIRECT to 02 ONLY!

£1 a month first, and then send them a SAR (£10) to see how much of the debt is fees/charges which can be reclaimed or ignored.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks Bazooka im not sure what was left on it maybe about 8 months. I will email/write to o2 immediately. I can not be bothered with debt agencies and their so called solicitors who dont care about anything other than bullying for money people just have not got.

Ensure you don't stitch yourself up though!

DON'T admit it, simply say you have been contacted by a tame sol who claims that you owe them some bits of paper, and that you want them to provide you with the details regarding this as you are unsure it has anything to do with you.