style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Been on the phone to Legal & General as I wanted to make sure I'm definately covered for HP items and after checking several times, he confirmed I am covered and went through the rest of the process. What type of proof will BH require? I've got my policy number already and my policy documents are being sent out by post.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

policy docs.

that state HP goods are covered

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Dont give them originals.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

What exactly do they write onto the end of an agreement during a rewrite? I understand they push the arrears to the back of the agreement which extends it by how many weeks you've missed but what arrears are they?

Will they be sneaky enough to try and put OSC & DLC arrears into this too and if so how can i tell? With OSC & DLC being weekly services, I'm guessing they're in the wrong if they attempt this?

You should not have any "arrears" on the insurance - the items aren't covered during that period from what I understand !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where you stand on getting an item fixed now that OSC and DLC has been removed?

The washer that I've had since April has developed a faulty selection knob

so it just spins without actually changing the desired cycle preset you wish to choose.

With it being a second hand item will BH even offer to help now or will they fob me off?

Thanks.

Soga

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

HP goods if it don't work demand a replacement.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Phoned them and at first they were refusing stating that because i stripped my account bare of all covers

that it wasnt eligible for parts/labour or repairs and I'd have to pay for the repairs myself.

Then i mentioned the supply of goods act stating HP items must be fit for purpose and that i only got the item in April.

They put me on hold to check when i took out the agreement and then accepted it was within 12 months and a service call will be booked.

I felt almost nervous mentioning the supply of goods and challenging their initial decision as i'm not an confrontational person by nature

so it felt like stepping out of character but because of you guys backing up what i initially thought (item being able to be repaired because of soga) i thought stuff it lol

Thanks again for your help everyone.

within 12mts, cheeky lot!

3-4yrs at least

dx

and they

if you request a refund instead of a repair, you may have enough money in refund to go and buy a new dryer from somewhere else, paying for it in cash and cancelling a brighthouse agreement which will save you money.

good luck!

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

They arent obliged to refund. Under SOGA its repair > replace > refund.

They arent obliged to refund. Under SOGA its repair > replace > refund.

Brighthouse products are HP, same as BAYV? If on HP, then my understanding is that if a product is faulty on HP, then they are entitled to a refund and are not entitled on a repair or replacement.

On discovery of a fault, the customer should reject the goods within a reasonable time to claim a refund.

The customer does not have the right to a repair or replacement, partial refund or price reduction in the event of a fault with hired goods or hire purchase items.

Above quoted from: http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/738369/738375/OFT002_SOGA_explained.pdf

I have read many horrors concerning brighthouse and bayv and believe if a product is faulty then it is happy days since the customer can then choose a refund and hopefully have enough money from their refund to buy a new product elsewhere - whilst saving a lot of money by not being subjected to extortionate APR rates and insurances that are so expensive.

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

I think its diff where they are the creditor & the retailer.

typically you can hit the finance company & the retailer separately and get the whole thing written off if you are lucky.

dx

and they

I think you have to advise the goods were faulty within 6 months of purchase for this to be seen as the goods were faulty on purchase.

They dont have to give you a full refund either as they can deduct for usage.

I went to the FOS and I only got back 50% of what I had paid becuase I had the benefit of using the goods -

a washer in my case which had broken down like 6 times but not until month 8 of hiring.

• 4 months later...

Wish I wasn't having to update this thread but now something else has popped up.

Since all this mess, we set up a plan where the money is instantly taken from the bank every Saturday

so i rarely even have to speak to BH these days.

Well today I've had a confidential leaflet dropped through the door saying I've missed a call and to contact the account manager which I did instantly.

The problem seems to be that payment was declined somehow and they attempted to phone me (I was working Saturday so missed it)

so I've now missed a weeks payment.

How this happened i don't know because I get working tax credits weekly which doesn't get touched

and is left in the bank for BH to take their payment.

The money is still in the bank for them to take so no unexpected bill has taken it before BH etc which I why I'm puzzled the payment was declined.

I'm guessing when I phone back tomorrow and I offer payment, they're going to want 2 weeks payment plus late fees

which I assume has risen since i last went in.

Will this also mess up my automatic payment plan?

Thanks.

late fees are a penalty and unlawful and can be reclaimed or not paid.

dx

and they

Guest Ann-Marie at BrightHouse

Good Morning AcceptedWalnut

I am sorry to hear that there has been a problem with your recent payment

Can you contact our Customer Relations Department a call on 0800 526069 and a member of the team will be able to have a look into this for you.

Please keep the thread updated.

Kind Regards

Ann-Marie

Web Relations Team

Speal to your bank first to find out if an attempt was made and if so, why it was refused.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

@Anne-Marie,

with my current work training and odd hours, i'm not finding it possible to get in store or phone

as it seems to fall outside your opening hours I'm afraid, I will explain what has happened since yesterday to see if anything can be sorted, thanks.

BH want a bank statement to check the money was there and if its a system error, then they'll waive the fee's and i can pay as normal.

Normally, i email over any documents they require which is was i done last night,

i emailed them a statement showing money in the bank ready to be taken over the period that payment was due out.

When my partner phoned them today to explain what i had done she was told they no longer accept emails

and I need to take a statement into store tomorrow at the latest which at the moment isn't possible

due to work commitments and the odd hours that i work.

The money is still there sat in the bank but I cant pay because they're asking for 2 weeks and late charges on top which I think is wrong.

You dont need to provide a statement at all. If you want to, then redact every single bit of info apart from anything relating to them. Ignore their futile attempts at forcing you to pay a late charge. Jason and ann marie both know that they are unlawful charges, which is why they ignore anything we say about it.

All sorted now, managed to get the day off work so took a statement printout with me into BH and they retracted the fee's and i paid as normal.

Hoping this doesn't happen again cause i had no idea i'd missed payment and didnt even check the bank to see if BH payment had been taken.

:-)