• Tweets

• Suggest that you also send a letter to your Insurance company as well.   A third party can simply enter a registration into the Askmid system to find Insurance details.     But mistakes can be made, Enter one letter wrongly and the wrong Insurers receive the claim. If the make of the car was for example a Ford Focus, it is possible a local dealer sold several with very similar registration plates. So even the mistake is not always found by asking the third party to confirm make/model of the car which caused the damage.   Your Insurance company would not advise you of the third party details, due to data protection. They might provide a registration number and advise the third parties Insurance company details. This would give you opportunity of contacting the third parties Insurers to advise of the error that appears to have happened.   Dented door not a problem. Looking for damage that relates to the alleged accident event.   Yes if you were not contactable, the Insurers may have paid the claim. But you could still have made a complaint or took other actions to resolve the matter.
    • Well thats okay...lets see if they comply with the rest of the directions on time.
    • Seriously ...a company that is raking in billions by overcharging its customers and shes haggling about £500 interest which is only awarded at the discretion of the court.   Complete the I&E and attach a covering letter stating what you discussed  over the phone and with whom and that you are open to settling the full debt amount of £4K plus court fees and state your monthly offer.You do not agree to interest being charged which is only awarded after judgment at the discretion of the courts pursuant to sec69 County Courts Act 1984  at such rate as the court thinks fit or as may be prescribed, on all or any part of the debt..   You reserve the right to bring this to the courts attention should your offer be denied.
    • If you are a nice person (I'm sure you are) I'd take this opportunity to point out to the trust that this presents them with a learning opportunity to put better processes and training in place.   But if you wanted to put the boot in...(1) I'd tell them it's totally unacceptable that management ignored your complaint until you involved your MP, and (2) how are they going to set about ensuring that all the other wrongfully issued tickets that early morning will be cancelled?  That second point is the sort of thing your local rag would love to know about!   But you're a nicer person than I am...   I'll leave it up to you to decide!
    • can you scan up both sides of the NTK to one multipage PDF read upload   thi sounds like operator pictures not ANPR so they've already shot themselves in the foot by sending the NTK too early [if you go back and read that link HB gave you.}   did you not get a windscreen ticket then?  
  • Our picks

chloecat81

Red Route PCN on local side road

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2134 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Folks

Can anyone help?

Parked my car on what I thought was a local ordinary road at the junction of a red route.

As a local I thought I was parked on a local road with free parking but very close to the end of the road.

I was parked just behind but not on the pedestrian access crossing of the road.

There was more than adequate room for cars to turn into the road.

All cars exit the road turning left.

On returning to the car I found a PCN on the windscreen and a van behind me had also received one.

Just behind us was a RED ROUTE sign

- in some way indicating that the local side road off the red route was a red route too!

Cars parked behind the van and behind the red route sign did not have parking tickets.

There are no road markings by the kerb nor are there any kerb markings, or red lines whatsoever.

Neither are there red lines or signs on the actual red route!!!!

- however it is the A4 which is a major route into and out of London.

Can anyone advise if this PCN is legal?

Do I have a case to get this cancelled?

Ticket says vehicle was "stopped where prohibited (on a red route or clearway)" when clearly the road is a local road.

It looks like Transport for London have stolen some of a local side road as a red route/clearway!

I think you'll find if you are within XXX feet of a red route road junction, its deemed the red route hence the signs

however

post up a google street view link so's we can check.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Found the bit on the A4 but that's in Westminster. This is off the A4 in Brentford - way out of the centre of London.

Found the bit on the A4 but that's in Westminster. This is off the A4 in Brentford - way out of the centre of London.

I did say 'like this'!!

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2000/1307/contents/made

Brentford is in London and most of the red route network is outside central London that is its purpose to give fast direct access from the orbital routes into the centre of town.

You find that TfL are the 'Traffic Authority' for the first 20m inside many of the side roads from the TLRN

I did say 'like this'!!

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2000/1307/contents/made

Brentford is in London and most of the red route network is outside central London that is its purpose to give fast direct access from the orbital routes into the centre of town.

Thought Brentford was in Middlesex..

Thought Brentford was in Middlesex..

Would that be the Middlesex that became part of Greater London in 1965??