Well done Currys / KNOWHOW!

mar_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

“LG Life’s not so Good” TV developed fault just after 2 years.........!

Sent an email to Currys and got a response:

‘As a company, we do understand our obligation to provide a remedy for products that fault following the expiry of the guarantee in certain situations. I do appreciate that manufacturing defects may not manifest themselves until after the initial warranty period has expired…

Alternatively, you are able to obtain an independent engineer to inspect your television, you can send us the engineers report. The report should outline the diagnoses of fault/s that has occurred, the cost of repair, also if the television is not repairable then the report should state this also….”

Sent independent engineer’s report and they called to organize collection to repair the TV, which they did within 7 days. Also will refund my £30 for the engineer's report.

Well done Currys and the KNOWHOW team.

P.S. Background:

avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1802165-lg-tv-no-picture-sound-hdmi-usb-lan-don-t-work-distorted-freeview.html

Edited by mar_uk

great result

can you let us know the email for ref please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

Initially sent to:

customer.services @ currys.co.uk cc customer.services @ dixonsretail.com

However, they seem to use this address:

customer.service @ knowhow.com

Thanks,

MAR

Conniff,

:)

Point taken, however, the experience has been good so can’t complain, especially when this year has been a bad luck to me! I have purchased few items from Currys\Dixons in past and this is the first time something went wrong. And when it went wrong, they did a good job! Of course, it does not mean it will be the same again. So consciously purchased a decent branded TV (Panasonic, not LG) and from a retailer who offers 5 years warranty as a standard (JL). Who wants the hassle? Funny enough JL priced matched the TX-L32E6B with Currys with a similar spec TV (I think)! :)

Having said this, I was prepared to recoup my loss through Barclay Card first (under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974), who was also helpful. They contributed to the cost of engineer's report as a goodwill gesture and sent me the paper work to start the process. I was also considering other options if above failed (complaint about credit card company & then small claim court route)… Thankfully, didn’t have to go through them :)