BC CCA returned not signed. Worried about default after 11 years.

Rayn2036
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What reason shall I put for dispute on CRA? I don't think I should be saying I didn't get the DN. Shall I say already defaulted and upload the default notice or may be account number not recognized?

Yes, but if you intend to e-mail the letter for your own protection follow it up with a letter by signed for post.

The e-mail " never received" response is always possible.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Yes, but if you intend to e-mail the letter for your own protection follow it up with a letter by signed for post.

The e-mail " never received" response is always possible.

I will post hard copy letter but for now I am logged on to Equifax and Experian to raise dispute. Equifax allows to upload supporting documents but I am not sure if I should upload default notice with completely different account number. I think I will raise saying account number not recognized.

bc clearly state the card changed number over the years

so that should not be an issue

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

bc clearly state the card changed number over the years

so that should not be an issue

dx

Thank you DX, shall I report saying it has already defaulted in 2003 and upload the DN from Mercer? Can you please let me know exactly what reason should I give? Thank You.

post 124

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I will post hard copy letter but for now I am logged on to Equifax and Experian to raise dispute. Equifax allows to upload supporting documents but I am not sure if I should upload default notice with completely different account number. I think I will raise saying account number not recognized.

Spot on Rayn, best keep that DN private for now.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Brig, I have decided to add the following on to Ms Keating Letter. please confirm/advise.

"In July this year I found that Barclaycard had placed a default entry for this account on my credit reference agency files, the default date shown is 03.07.2014. I think it is unfair to mark this account “default” when investigation is underway. If this default is recorded against the notice served in February 2003 (Copy attached) then it is grossly unfair under ICO rules to record default after such a long period of time."

Brig, I have decided to add the following on to Ms Keating Letter. please confirm/advise.

"In July this year I found that Barclaycard had placed a default entry for this account on my credit reference agency files, the default date shown is 03.07.2014. I think it is unfair to mark this account “default” when investigation is underway. If this default is recorded against the notice served in February 2003 (Copy attached) then it is grossly unfair under ICO rules to record default after such a long period of time."

That's fine!

On the way to post office now.

I am now preparing for penalty charge spreadsheet if I need to take them to court to get this Default removed. As per default registered with Equifax, Credit limit on the card - £4450, top balance at once stage as per SAR - £5230. Hence £780 must be charges and penalties. I don't have statement prior to May 2004 hence I have no idea what penalty and over limit charge are involved to get the balance over £5k. I am sending the letter below to their Data protection team.

---------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam

I submitted a Subject access request on 27/08/2013 with £10 postal order to cover the fees and have subsequently received a limited amount of information; I am therefore formally stating that the information supplied is inadequate and incomplete.

You have failed to supply dates for individual charges which I require, and you have only supplied data back to May 2004. I know that Barclaycard retains data beyond this date and I require details of account transaction in a comprehendible form from when the account was opened in 06/01/2000. I would greatly appreciate if you can please send me statement for the above account from the date of inception (06.01.2000) until May 2004 in addition to True copies of any notice of assignment and default notices or enforcement notice that you sent me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold. Can you also please include Details of any collection charges added to the accounts; the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was/charges were calculated, and what the charge covers/charges cover.

This data should have been supplied in response to my original SAR. If this information is not supplied within 14 days, I will take court action against Barclaycard to force disclosure and seek damages for your failure to comply with my lawful request.

You are reminded that you are obliged to supply all the above documents in line with the Information Commissioners Technical Guidance update (Dated August 2007)

I look forward to receiving your response

Yours faithfully

Great, that should keep BC busy for a while, please let me know what comes up!

Brig.

Both delivered and signed for. Will keep you in the loop. Thank You.

Happy to help Rayn, good luck!!

UPDATE: Raised dispute with Equifax, Information I received from Equifax is below and Default is not on my Equifax report and my credit score has jumped by 100 points compare to last week. does this mean its now removed or its removed temporarily when the dispute is on going?

Dear XXXXX

Thank you for getting in touch.

Barclaycard Centre has investigated your query and have asked that you get in touch with them directly using these details. The information you disputed will remain unchanged on your Credit Report.

Address: Barclaycard Centre, P O Box 5402, Northampton, NN4 1ZR.

The note that we added, stating that your information was in dispute will be removed within 24 hours.

You’ll find more information about your credit report at: http://www.equifax.co.uk/help. If you have a question, you should find the answer in our FAQ section. If not, you can send us an online query, and attach documents to it - no need to worry about them getting lost or delayed in the post.

I hope you find this useful. If there’s anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

Kind regards

Equifax Customer Services

Just Checked with CallCredit and no default on file... looking good

Going well Rayn!!

Going well Rayn!!

Just downloaded my £2 statutatory credit report from experian which is dated 28/09/2014 and it shows default registered by BC. But I just reactivate my old Experian full report by paying £14.99 and there is no Default whatsoever. Seems like Default has been removed in last few days. Happy days.

Just downloaded my £2 statutatory credit report from experian which is dated 28/09/2014 and it shows default registered by BC. But I just reactivate my old Experian full report by paying £14.99 and there is no Default whatsoever. Seems like Default has been removed in last few days. Happy days.

That's good news!!

Just make sure Experian and CallCredit/Noddle do the same.

That's good news!!

Just make sure Experian and CallCredit/Noddle do the same.

All three CRA do not have the default from today's date. All three had the the default until last week. I will keep an eye for further few months before cancelling it.

All three CRA do not have the default from today's date. All three had the the default until last week. I will keep an eye for further few months before cancelling it.

Good idea keeping watch! Take occasional screen prints of the entries just in case anything goes awry.

A good result!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Received reply from BC Exec Officer with £100 compensation. Result...... Once again credit goes to Brig. Thank you.

Now where do I stand with this debt? Can they issue fresh DN and demand full payment (£4700)? Should I negotiate F&F settlement? I do not want default showing on CRA file. Please advise.

UPDATE: Received reply from BC Exec Officer with £100 compensation. Result...... Once again credit goes to Brig. Thank you.

Now where do I stand with this debt? Can they issue fresh DN and demand full payment (£4700)? Should I negotiate F&F settlement? I do not want default showing on CRA file. Please advise.

Good morning Rayne,

Excellent result!! Spend wisely!!!

What else is contained within the CEO's letter?

Their reply is attached on my previous post. I also received FOS Leaflet.

Like I said, Can they issue a fresh DN and pursue the debt and possible record a default against CRA if I fail to pay?

The default has gone for ever it cannot come back, the rule is One Debt, One Default.

My feeling is if you don't make any payment there will loads of shouting and screaming and toys thrown around, but that is I think all they can do now.