code 06 for not displaying a bb valid time card.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i used disability parking -one of a group of 5- without setting my time clock. Came back to find i had, fair enough, been ticketed. The paper in with the ticket said it was for not displying a valid time clock but the PCN said i was given a 06 as i ''parked without clearly displaying a valid pay and display ticket or voucher''.

Across the street was a councils run 30 minute stay pay and display its like a seperate road running longside the real road sort of off road parking -the car park part stops when the road curves back past the back of the shops and back out onto the main road. it doesnt have designate disability parking so the area closest to the shops is always full . So i use this parking area - its across the road and round the curve a bit and on its own closer to the shops . It has the wheelchair logos painted on each bay and just the signs with logo saying that this is for blue badge owners and then a sign saying parking is allowed for 3 hours.

nothing else- no car park rules, nothing that DD need to pay and display. nothing to say its part of this far away parking area. just your bog standard disabled parking place that doesnt need a pay and display ticket . Now i know the rule about displaying a valid clock when in a 3 hrly parking zone- i just was thinking of what i had to get done locked the car and went on my way without a thought back in 40 minutes .

So just a little advice and information - does anyone know why this code was issued? I've looked online but cant find a code for this particular offense. so is it that as there isnt a specific one so councils can use this one instead ? because its not even close !! Or is it that using blue badges along with correct time card are regarded as the 'clearly displayed valid pay and display ticket' to stay in disabilty parkings non chargable 3 hourly parking ? I am wondering if i should just pay up- i am willing to pay a fine for my 'offense' but the want to pay the correct one of not setting a time card. butshould i think of challanging it- maybe its just me but this makes it seem i was trying to get out of paying a parking fee!!