Halifax offered me a partial refund today, now what?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i just need to clear something up.

ive read through the litigation section and unsure what actually happens to most people after they issue a claim?

ive read in some forums that no-one (or nearly no one-conflicting info) has ever actually had to go to court to claim back their money.

does this mean that banks will usually offer a full refund before going to court?

i know banks are claiming that they are settling because its cheaper than going to court, so that they dont lose face.. is this usually with the smaller amounts?

im currently asking for £566 from Halifax and am sending my LBA tomorrow.

any advice on what will probably happen would be appreciated!

Laura

Stephen Hone started legal action against Abbey for £860 - they paid him nearly £7000 not to go to court.

This was after they sent a barrister to the court to get a deafult ruling overturned through their not turning up.

You can make you own mind up.

There has been one case (to our knowledge) that has actually ended up in court.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

hi guys, im claiming £566 of halifax, and i got a letter today saying they will give me £160 as full and final settlement.

i want all my money, i need it and im only in debt becasue they kept charging me!

just wanted to run my idea for a letter past you all, see what you think.

Dear Ms Pollitt,

Thank you for your reply to my complaint, reference: xxxxxxxx.

I would be quite happy to receive the partial amount owed to me of £160, which can be paid into the following account: xxxxxxxx.

however, i am not willing to accept this as a full and final settlement, and i intend to persue the matter further to ensure that i receive all monies legally owed to me.

If I do not recieve a full refund of £566.00 within the next 14 days, then I shall issue a claim against Halifax, which will also include 8% interest as allowed by law, as well as any court costs.

Yours sincerely,

Laura Williams

hi guys, im claiming £566 of halifax, and i got a letter today saying they will give me £160 as full and final settlement.

i want all my money, i need it and im only in debt becasue they kept charging me!

just wanted to run my idea for a letter past you all, see what you think.

Dear Ms Pollitt,

Thank you for your reply to my complaint, reference: xxxxxxxx.

I would be quite happy to receive the partial amount owed to me of £160, which can be paid into the following account: xxxxxxxx.

however, i am not willing to accept this as a full and final settlement, and i intend to persue the matter further to ensure that i receive all monies legally owed to me.

If I do not recieve a full refund of £566.00 within the next 14 days, then I shall issue a claim against Halifax, which will also include 8% interest as allowed by law, as well as any court costs.

Yours sincerely,

Laura Williams

if you say you "accept the offer..BUT will still go after the rest of money owed"

they will recind the offer and say thats your choice, go for the letter before action option and reject the offer made, go for it

good luck

• Confused 1

TOTALLY debt free as of 2007, Fantastic,

Yes - the spirit is right, but you do need to 'tighten it up.' Your acceptance is conditional on the fact that you will be pursuing the rest in court, if not settled in full within 14 days.

Would also suggest that you run it through a spell checker before printing it off...:rolleyes:

Good luck.

• Confused 1

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks