Moving back to the UK

starlight123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3874 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was wondeing if someone could help.

I moved to the Netherlands just over a year ago. I am disabled and so is my husband. My husbands support was cut ten per cent so we have been below minimum wage.

Because of this and a language barrier, I would like to move back to the UK. Only I don't have an income or a home to go to. Would I be able to receive support? and how would that work bringing my husband?

Before giving any advice we will probably need to know if either you or your husband have a right to reside in the UK? Have you lived in the UK before? If so, for how long and under what conditions? Have you or your husband ever worked and paid NI in the UK?

If you're not UK nationals, are you EU Nationals?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

they do give you support but seemingly its a bit slow according to some other threads ive seen on here,they have some right of habitation thing where you need to show how long youve lived here in the past etc,someone more in the know will be on here soon and explain better

The tests are regarding Right to Reside (RTR) and Habitual Residence (HR). British citizens have the RTR and will normally be considered HR after a few weeks.

EU citizens normally have RTR, but note that they are less likely to be considered HR if they have never worked here and their first act on entering the UK is to claim a benefit like ESA. This is because the RTR allows EU citizens to come here and work, and under most circumstances also to claim Jobseeker's Allowance. It does not, as a general principle, allow EU citizens to claim benefits for those who are unable to work.

But there are exceptions - for example, if he's spent a lot of time here, worked here before, and the fact that he's your spouse won't hurt.

Each case like this is decided on its merits, so there's no way we can tell you for sure what will happen.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I am British and have worked and paid NI in the UK previously, I have just been in the Netherlands one year. My husband is a Dutch national so EU

My husband has been to the UK to study before but probably not long enough to count much.

We were also thinking, or he was thinking of starting a business from home

Thanks for the help anyway, I think mainly I wont know until I try.

Do you know if he could be self employed?

He's an EU national, I can't think of any reason why he couldn't be self-employed.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.