BankFodder BankFodder

Sarah29078

Log Book Loans - Advice

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2455 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

Wondering if someone can help me.

I do not have a bad experience to post (yet!) but wanting advice on what's best to do in my situation.

I have debt on both my credit cards in which i'm paying high values of interest on. I wasnt registered on electoral roll which really affected my credit score, i am coming up with a really low score and high risk, even though i've never missed any payments of anything, had several DD in place for years, had a car bought in my name, had a constant wage paid into my account for 5+ years.

I am now on electoral role but it takes a long time to build credit, doesnt just change straight away.

I have tried to get 0% balance transfer card, and loans with low interest but cannot get any of them due to my credit score, without paying massive amount back (i.e lending £4000 payign back £7000) which is something I am not stupid enough to do .

I really want to consolidate my debt on my cards and what I owe out to others each month, into 1 loan and pay 1 amount out each month, but am struggling to get a loan. I do not have anyone to guarantor my loan either. I've seen log book loans, i have a card with value of around £4000-5000 but do not want to pay them £7000 + back. I dont have the worry that i couldnt pay the monthly payments as I definitely could once I've paid my debt off.

Can you recommend a company in particular that is safe and wont change the rates/how much I owe all the time. I want to borrow a set amount of say £4000 against my car, then pay a set amount out each month for say 2 years.

Which comp is most trustworthy and best to use???

THanks

Hi Sarah,

Being brutally honest I have NEVER come across a single LBL company that is trustworthy and good to use. Also, the interest rate is generally very high - often much higher than those found on credit cards.

Stay away, no matter how high the intrest seems on your current lending its going to be less than a Log book loan, only loans that are higher is payday lenders