In Need of Urgent Advice Re ESA

Aicha
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

As I am not used to this Forum I initially posted in the wrong place so now posting in the appropriate place.

My problem is this. I have been on the sick since August 19th. My present company won't pay me SSP because 1) I haven't been with this employer long enough (started July 24th) and 2) It is zero contract hours.

I am registered disabled but recently have new added medical conditions (waiting to be assessed by Neurology) I also receive 125.00 per week WTC which I believe is paid for up to 26 weeks. My husband is currently unemployed although seeking employment and although signs on at the Jobcentre, doesn't receive any JSA due to our joint WTC payment.

I applied for ESA yesterday bit so confused about it all. Is it best to claim IB ESA or CB ESA? I asked the advisor what the difference was regarding whether I include my husband on my claim or not. She informed me he must be on my claim as we are married. Is this correct? What is the best way to go about it. My husband would rather continue signing on every 2 weeks (even although he doesn't receive any payments) in the hope of finding work soon so he can support me.

As I am used to working, I find the whole ESA thing very confusing. Could anyone please tell me the best thing to do. Thank you in advance.

Hi,

As I am not used to this Forum I initially posted in the wrong place so now posting in the appropriate place.

My problem is this. I have been on the sick since August 19th. My present company won't pay me SSP because 1) I haven't been with this employer long enough (started July 24th) and 2) It is zero contract hours.

I am registered disabled but recently have new added medical conditions (waiting to be assessed by Neurology) I also receive 125.00 per week WTC which I believe is paid for up to 26 weeks. My husband is currently unemployed although seeking employment and although signs on at the Jobcentre, doesn't receive any JSA due to our joint WTC payment.

I applied for ESA yesterday bit so confused about it all. Is it best to claim IB ESA or CB ESA? I asked the advisor what the difference was regarding whether I include my husband on my claim or not. She informed me he must be on my claim as we are married. Is this correct? What is the best way to go about it. My husband would rather continue signing on every 2 weeks (even although he doesn't receive any payments) in the hope of finding work soon so he can support me.

As I am used to working, I find the whole ESA thing very confusing. Could anyone please tell me the best thing to do. Thank you in advance.

Do you have a form SSP1 from your employer?

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

You can't choose whether you claim CB ESA or IB ESA. They go on whether you've made the appropriate NI contributions.

Thanks for feedback. Realize that now. I guess I will be on CB ESA

Do you have a form SSP1 from your employer?

I was informed by someone at Payroll Dept it was posted on Monday. As it is now Friday, I should have received it by now. The whole thing is turning into a nightmare. Thanks for your reply

Aicha, Include all details when you apply, any income etc. I do not know how Claiming ESA will effect your WTC payments but i would advise you to ring them and find out. Better inform them now rather have problems in the future.

Thanks for reply. They have all my details. RE WTC, I have already informed them. They say there is no change, other than I may be entitled to more depending on how much ESA I eventually receive and also because I am no longer receiving a wage. As I had thought WTC is paid up to 26 weeks.

I am having a nightmare as the fact we have joint WTC they had started paying my husband some JSA, even although JSA were aware how much WTC we were receiving. I told them months ago, yet he has had some payments in today which he should not have received. He has taken my last few wage slips and WTC letter to Jobcentre. Because of what they have done, through no fault of ours, it has had a knock on effect regarding my ESA and ESA wont give me anything until this problem is sorted out with JSA.

The whole thing is rapidly turning into a nightmare. I have requested to speak to a Manager from JSA who is, as the advisor informed me, will call me back on Monday...(deep breath)