Dla

Alan Bates
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3917 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My 64 year old wife receives DLA at the lower level for mobility and personal care. Her current entitlement ends mid January 2014 and she received claim forms today for it's continuation. The form stated that she should complete and return it ASAP but I have heard that if she did this and her claim was denied then her current payments would stop immediately instead of carrying on until January. Can anyone throw some light on this?

Also she thought that DLA was being replaced with PIP yet the renewal forms all say DLA. Would I be correct in thinking that because of her age and the fact that she is over retirement age the Government will not be so anxious to get her off DLA as they would someone of working age?

Thanks in advance.

As explained this will be a DLA renewal, but would mention that she will have to apply for PIP next time round.

You have to be 65 before the 8th April 2013 (your wife is far too young to qualify) to be exempt from PIP. Many will however still have to be assessed when they are 68+ because of the delay in getting the testing up and running.