Curry s Zanussi fridge freezers spec listings- real or imagined

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2806 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my name is Ben, and I am looking for some help with a consumer issue; I have been having a great deal of problems with Currys, [as I see a few others have].

I wont bore you with the ins and outs, but it transpires- When Currys list their Zanussi fridge freezers, they stipulate that many have a fridge capacity of 11.9cu feet and a freezer capacity of around 4cu ft.

Now when I saw this, it had the capacity and price that I wanted so I bought one of these on line- when it eventually arrived [over a month later]; the fridge had only 8cu feet of capacity- you can imagine my annoyance.

Transpires they list;

Fridge Gross Capacity 11.9cu ft.

Freezes Gross Capacity 3.88cu ft.

And then way below this, two pages [clicks]later infact- There is another listing for

Fridge Storage Capacity 8cu feet

Freezer Storage Capacity 3.25cu feet

Note differential of nearly 4cu ft in the two fridge capacities given- half of what is actually there!.

Please tell me I am not going mad; this seems totally crazy, obtuse and confusing- There is no explanation as to the distinction between gross capacity and storage capacity and why there is such a discrepancy in the volumes only in the fridge and not in the freezer; some of their Zanussi fridge freezers have fridge gross capacities of 8.02 cu ft and a storage capacity of 7.98cu ft- a differential of 0.04cu ft- something that is much more comprehensible!!

WHat the 11.9cu feet relates to, I have no idea.

Please do go and have a look, - ww.currys.co.uk -its mind oggling.

I feel grossly miss sold- Currys keep ignoring me and trying to fob me off - I have asked them to give me a fridge freezer with 11.9cu feet in the fridge, as this is what I bought as far as I am concerned.

[As an addendum, they took my old fridge away and left me with a item which is damaged, but of course I am using it, which will be another can of worms I believe]

Any thoughts, help anyone-

Regards

ben

Edited by b park
mixed freezer and fridge !

When did you buy it? When did it arrive? When did you inform them?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi renegade- I paid for it on the 23rd July.

After a number of phone calls and a false alarm it arrived on the 28th August and I called them straight away that afternoon and spoke with Darren- [i have his extension]- in customer services

-He was totally confused and passed it to Ecommerce dept-

- Since then I have not heard from him

- called customer services yesterday [Darren on a break!] - ECommerce have left an email stating that the 8cu ft is listed

-I was told to go away essentially

- I have yet to ask them to explain the fridge gross capacity volume......

Edited by b park
spelling

Ok. SO missold and not fit for purpose. Possible claim/return under SOGA maybe? DSR too? Especially if you called them the same day of receipt.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I should say NO, but the fact is, Currys took our old fridge away when they delivered this one,and so, through these summer days, of course, we have had to use it- for hygiene and safety reasons - we have children here.!

Thanking you for your attention

BP