• Tweets

• I don't think I've ever seen someone appeal a mags court decision on fare evasion, JK, but as you say in this case TiredDodo has pleaded guilty. It is possible to challenge, as below. HB Appeal a magistrates’ court decision: Overview - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK How to challenge a decision by a magistrates' court. Including how to get a fine reviewed, if you did not know about your case, how to appeal to the...  
    • Update! I have now opened the mail from Barclaycard. I am assuming that their letters were prompted by my confirmation to them of my change of address, which I had advised them of twice. They are treating my change of address notification as a "General Data Protection Regulation Right of Access Request"  and state that I have made a "Right of Access Request. They are asking me to provide valid indentity documents! I have made no such request and am minded to ignore their request for extra information? I should add that their letters were sent to my correct current address!
    • Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
    • Yes, a few months ago. They wrote back saying there was no CCA and the debt was unenforcable. I then started gtting bombarded with threatening emails from their 'litigations team' which have been sent to spam. I've now recieved the letter before claim with the PAP form enclosed, but still no CCA or even a letter from them to say the debt is deemed enforcable. Thank you.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

I won 2 days ago. Anyone need advice?

Bazzlad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As per the title, if you're worried, just ask away.

Bazzlad

NatWest - Reply and cheque sent for Data Protection Act - 25/07/2006

Follow up Data Protection Act letter - 09/08/2006

Bank Statments arrived from CR – 06/09/2006

Preliminary Letter sent - 07/09/2006

LBA Sent – 14/09/2006

Money Claim filed – 28/09/2006

Money Claim Acknowledged - 03/10/2006

Owed: £903

21/10/2006 NATWEST CRIES LIKE A BABY AND PAYS ME £983. WINNER :D:D:D

Hi Bazzlad and Congratulations !

What I would personally find helpful (and maybe a few other members would as well) is if you could maybe post on here the Particuars of Claim you used (obviously minus any personal bits)? I'm just getting to my N1 stage and, although have done the N1 form in 'rough', it would be handy to see another POC, especially from someone who has recently won !

At what stage did they pay out too? Did you have to go a long way down the line?

Best wishes.

J

NatWest

Statements sent for - 18/09/06

Statements received (in full!) - 03/10/06

Initial letter of claim sent - 05/10/06

Offer received for £1,400 approx - 21/10/06

LBA sent with acceptance of offer as part, will pursue for the rest - 21/10/06

Reply to LBA received (forwarding to Cust. Rel to deal with) - 25/10/06

hi people,

i am currently looking into claiming my charges back, they total about £1600.00, but i need help, im woried because i have a overdraft with matwest and am always in it, right up to the max in fact, would natwest make me close the account or would they credit it and let me carry on banking with my overdraft??

please can you advise me.

thanks you

jess2609

I'm still banking with them and I still have an overdraft.

If you're worried get a back up account elsewhere, but start you claim now, you have at least 3 months before you win, plenty of time to get another account!

LBA Sent – 14/09/2006

Hi Bazzlad and Congratulations !

What I would personally find helpful (and maybe a few other members would as well) is if you could maybe post on here the Particuars of Claim you used (obviously minus any personal bits)? I'm just getting to my N1 stage and, although have done the N1 form in 'rough', it would be handy to see another POC, especially from someone who has recently won !

At what stage did they pay out too? Did you have to go a long way down the line?

Best wishes.

J

I filled in the Money Claim with the template given here, the important things to remember is to include WHY you think these charges are illegal (it's on the template) and of course how much you want!

I got my money early, I didn't have to fill in the questionaire and it was 14 days before my court due date.

Lucky me :D

LBA Sent – 14/09/2006

actually i have just had a thought , i also have a loan with natwest, of about 7k, this was a consolidating loan as i was overdrawn and it covered the amount i was overdrawn and all the charges and interest, i was pushed into this loan as ithere didnt seem to be any other option available to me, do you have any advise about what i can do about this please.

please help

jess

You can refer to me if you need help, but I don't know everything!!! :D

As for the loan, my advice is claim for any charges ON the loan, and claim for any charges ON the account (within 4 years) and use the winnings to pay your loan off.

LBA Sent – 14/09/2006

Well done!! I have a question, although you may not have had to do this.

I've just received an offer from NatWest, having completed the AQ etc etc and am about to reject it. Did you do this? I'm just wondering if the letter in the library that I used to reject my earlier offer is the correct one to use now.

Any ideas??!

hi bazzlad, stringernicy here, well done to you. im a new member with "cag" and I have just sent my initial sar letter to HSBC. Unfortunately I think I may have made a mistake and sent it directly to my branch, I did not send it recorded or special del. Did I send it to the right place? As you may be able to tell Im finding this whole process very confusing, and quite stressful. Im very worried as there is so much information to take on board, that I may forget some detail, end up in court and have it cost me an arm and a leg. This I cannot afford. HSBC are already stinging me for £125.00 a month in charges, this is putting me in so much debt Im at a loose end.

actually i have just had a thought , i also have a loan with NatWest, of about 7k, this was a consolidating loan as i was overdrawn and it covered the amount i was overdrawn and all the charges and interest, i was pushed into this loan as ithere didnt seem to be any other option available to me, do you have any advise about what i can do about this please.

please help

jess

My understanding of this is that once they payout on your charges you can then claim for the interest on the loan if the loan was direct caused by the charges etc. I have read of someone being paid in full for the loan and it was cleared off.

this is the route I am going down, just finalising the charges bit with Bank Of Scotland first.

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

Hiya, I know you weren't asking me but I can answer you anyway! I sent my letter directly to the branch and that worked fine for me. This site is so helful, I've filed the claim and done the Allocation Questionnaire etc so have been through a few more stages than you. Just make sure that you keep reading the posts and keep copies of everything, and you'll be absolutely fine x

i always wonder why they give up at different stages and pay up....

some get their money back with out even trying, some have to try a bit then before they get to court, some have to put the claim in.....you get my point.

congrats anyway, my fingers are crossed i get the same luck, my claim went into the court on thursday

13 July 06 - Data Protection Act request sent to NatWest :-|

7 August - Natwest want to 'discuss my account':???:

9 August - "HISTORIC STMNT FEE- £5.00" showing on online bank

16 August - Statements Arrived, tatty brown sellotaped envelope:rolleyes:

There are templates for every single letter that you need to write throughout the process- these are in the template library on the first page of the forum.

The best thing to do, and most people will say the same thing, is to spend a few days looking through people's posts and getting the feel for what the process is. Read the FAQ's, read the templates and also read the step by step guide. That way you can't go wrong!! Good luck!

actually i have just had a thought , i also have a loan with NatWest, of about 7k, this was a consolidating loan as i was overdrawn and it covered the amount i was overdrawn and all the charges and interest, i was pushed into this loan as ithere didnt seem to be any other option available to me, do you have any advise about what i can do about this please.

please help

I had the same and put the amount of interest charged on loan on spreadsheet and it then apportioned that ot what amount was charged on my loan. But I filed claim on 24/07 and have today sent cobbettts back a cheque (not a refusal of settlement but because of the way it was written) and they are disputing this loan interest. People have on other banks had their loan refunded - but you can't claim it back twice - so ifthe charges were a large part of the loan and you claim them then you can't then claim the loan.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

I'm here to help now so dont' worry, drop me a PM if it's personal or just message this thread. As for the person starting it's VERY important to know the process, there's an FAQ with steps and templates all on this site. Read them, digest them, use them. Don't go off half knowing what you're doing. It's a receipe for disaster and a few people lately have skim read the forums and gone off, only to find they filled in their moneyclaim form wrong. Good luck one and all :D

LBA Sent – 14/09/2006

Bazz

Im doing as much reading possible, i have opened a separate folder on my pc going through all the steps in a way i understand and everything i may need.When i first came on here it was daunting, but hopefully as the days go by things will get clearer.

T

It will mate, and if it doesn't just PM me and I'll do what I can.

Bazz

LBA Sent – 14/09/2006

Hi Bazz! I've asked this question loads of times but haven't had an answer! I received an offer from NatWest having submitted my AQ last week. Is there a new template to reject this offer? I can't find one on here! Apologies if you didn't have to do this!

I don't think all correspondence needs a template.

Surely it's just a case of writing to them with words to the effect of "thanks but no thanks, I intend to continue with the claim for the full amount"?

You could even use the standard 'rejection of settlement offer' and alter it a bit.

eg:

"Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx.

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement. It is my intention to continue with my current court claim against you (Ref:xxxxxx) for the full amount owed.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully"

I know there's a bit of paranoia in not wanting to say the wrong thing or mess up your claim in any way but something as simple as this isn't going to leave you exposed.