style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3843 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all.

I was stopped this morning at Moorgate by the ticket inspectors and my details were taken as apparently I had not touched in at my originating station (I had). Essentially they had to report it and I had to sign a form.

My question is, should I have been given a copy of that form? I requested a copy but he refused as it is not policy to do so...my argument of "but you could write anything on that after I had left" seemed to fall on deaf ears. I even asked if I could take a photo, but that was denied.

I do not think that I will be given a penalty fare (famous last words!) judging by the circumstances, but I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on this and whether they have ever asked/been provided with a copy of the report?

Cheers.

pikeal

Hello all.

I was stopped this morning at Moorgate by the ticket inspectors and my details were taken as apparently I had not touched in at my originating station (I had). Essentially they had to report it and I had to sign a form.

My question is, should I have been given a copy of that form? I requested a copy but he refused as it is not policy to do so...my argument of "but you could write anything on that after I had left" seemed to fall on deaf ears. I even asked if I could take a photo, but that was denied.

I do not think that I will be given a penalty fare (famous last words!) judging by the circumstances, but I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on this and whether they have ever asked/been provided with a copy of the report?

Cheers.

pikeal

You do not receive a copy of that form. In the same way the police do not give you a copy of a witness statement (MG11).

It is their intention to prosecute you, which, they will do so successfully if they go for a Byelaw offence, unless you negotiate an out of court settlement.

Just wait for a letter asking for your explanation. In the event that you get a summons, in the pack you will receive will be a few statements from the Inspector and FCC.

Incidentally, it is your job to ensure you touch in/out correctly, you must check you get the green light, even if the barriers are in the open position. The Oyster system is generally very reliable in this respect, it is usually user error or misuse which causes problems.

Was this PAYG or did you have a travelcard on it?

Pikeyal, you can check yourself if you've touched in- go to a tube station and ask for a print-out of your ticket.

That way, you will know that either:

a) you didn't touch in, and be safe in the knowledge that you are being properly told off, or

b) that you did touch in, and therefore have proof to use 'against' TfL when they write to you requesting your version of events.

Edited by honeybee13

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the replies. I got the print out and hadn't touched in - fair cop guv. The fine arrived in the post a couple of weeks ago and I duly paid it. I don't have the time nor the inclination to fight when the rules are clearly stated and I had breached them.

The problem is, I have since received an anonymous letter regarding data protection and that FCC have sold my details etc. They also referenced this forum. Very bizarre indeed! Any ideas anyone as to what this is all about???????

Thanks for the replies. I got the print out and hadn't touched in - fair cop guv. The fine arrived in the post a couple of weeks ago and I duly paid it. I don't have the time nor the inclination to fight when the rules are clearly stated and I had breached them.

The problem is, I have since received an anonymous letter regarding data protection and that FCC have sold my details etc. They also referenced this forum. Very bizarre indeed! Any ideas anyone as to what this is all about???????

Hello again.

That sounds very odd. Are you able to scan up a copy of the letter without identifying information please, so we can have a look?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

try www.pdfescape.com TO BLANK STUFF,

or

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or use www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though dont use full bank names or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice dd-mm-yyyy TSB

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

All it means is that there is / are FCC RPIs who post in this forum (for all the right reasons) and one of them has identified your specific case (perhaps was even the officer who dealt with it originally), and has sent you a letter informing you that FCC have breached DPA and not told you. So you can now sue them in retaliation, etc.