• Tweets

• 'The bluff could be that they haven't filed it at the court by the earlier date, but they hope hope that I submit mine by the first deadline, which I have now done. Gives them a chance to look at my WS, make any changes to theirs and then actually use the later date to file their papers at the court, having had the benefit of looking at my WS     Who knows, these solicitors maybe me smarter poker players than we thinkk lol'     It seems that the claimant solicitors actually outsmarted me. They submitted the first Bundle before on the 1st deadline of 18 of January. I submitted the defence before that date as per court orders.   They then sneaked in the supplementary WS before the second deadline of 1st feb 2021, having benefited from covering any loopholes that I had of them in my defence WS.   So in the supplementary WS, they have produced the contract, they have said that any extra irrelevant signages in their initial set of exhibits were clerical errors and have produced a much tidier crisper WS . I wish I had not now submitted my defence by the 18th of jan 2021, but rather waited till the 1st of Feb 2021. 
    • Can I just suggest one thing   Ask them how the subframe broke and say you would like them to explain how changing a cv joint affects the sub frame   I'm not an expert but I've changed cv joints in the past and never needed to touch the subframe on a car   The axle itself might pass through the subframe but removing the cv joint usually just entails cracking the old one off with a split bar   I can't help but wonder if they've braced it against the subframe and that's why it's broken 
    • it wouldn't have gone to a (your?) local county court as you didn't reply to the claimform. northants bulk would have dealt with it as it was a default judgement.    
    • Thank you so much for the reply. I have tried to call the court (Torbay & Newton Abbot) but they are short staffed so cant answer ;-( Does the discharge mean it has been thrown out?   On the report is is just marked as the court date 10th December 2020 and under that Discharged. Thank you!
    • I need to repair the lead flashing on my side of a firewall on the roof of a Victorian terrace. It will involve hacking off the cement on my side, installing new lead and reapplying cement. Do I have to notify my neighbour under the party wall act before getting this work done? I was under the impression minor work was not notifiable. I would consider this minor work. From the party wall act:   "Some works on a party wall may be so minor that service of notice under the Act would be generally regarded as not necessary. Things like:  drilling into a party wall to fix plugs and screws for ordinary wall units or shelving  cutting into a party wall to add or replace recessed electric wiring and sockets  removing old plaster and replastering may all be too minor to require a notice under the Act."   The neighbour has got wind of what I am doing and has asked for written grantees that I will cover the cost of any impact on his side and is threatening to invoke the party wall act if I don't I don't want to write him a blank cheque as his side of the firewall is probably is as bad a condition as my side.
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

3 Accounts with Lowell [orange+threeUK+cap1]]

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2687 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Guys

Woke up this morning to see my credit report from Noddle with 2 accounts from Noddle.

They are as follows;

Three UK;

Account start date 25/07/2008

Opening balance £ 257

Repayment frequency Monthly

Date of default 02/05/2012

Default balance £ 257

Orange / EE

Account start date 13/12/2009

Opening balance £ 158

Repayment frequency Monthly

Date of default 17/04/2012

Default balance £ 158

Orange's current balance is at £1,067 and considering the way Lowell go...

Im not hanging around to see if this will go to court.

I want to settle them as soon as...

. Would dealing in Email be better than writing letters at present?

We all know the massive no-nos about calling them and I refuse to let a DCA bully me into what they want.

I want to control this as best as I can,.

Because they are Telecoms debts,

there will be no CCA but even a SAR probably wont help.

Should i request the account balance breakdowns?

Should I ask about reducing the debt down (The "Orange" one) down to something a bit more realistic

as i believe it may be full of charges as the default is £158?

KR Fkofilee :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

You most certainly need to see if there are any charges added that should not be there from DCAs.

Personally I would use RM recorded / signed for post, e-mails are often ignored, or receipt denied.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

You most certainly need to see if there are any charges added that should not be there from DCAs.

Personally I would use RM recorded / signed for post, e-mails are often ignored, or receipt denied.

Hi Brig

After chatting with Lowlifes, i have a bit more info.

They have 3 accounts of mine... The 2 mentioned above and one for Crap One... £600

They have offered discounts on all 3 today when i did some digging and was fobbed off with they dont put charges against the debt, Im inclined to believe them because the balances are the ones that were set as final by the original creditors.

Am i right in thinking if they have offered discounts that they are possibly lemon debts?

Way to go Lowell... You really do suck

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Please merge with thread; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?402075-Lowell-amp-2-Accounts

I cant seem to add to it... any how..

Received a letter from Lowell stating that they have been assigned an O2 Debt of £739. The next is a picture of the entry from my credit report which i would imagine would change.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47000[/ATTACH]

Which now makes 3 accounts but i feel this could go up to 5... (Possibly 2 more accounts with O2)

Now we know how much Lowell love to send SD to people and also that Mobile debts are a bit of a Pain in the arse to deal with.

What's the best way to see if these debts are enforceable because they cant be CCA'd?

I'm not looking to evade them, but i want to do this on my own time and do it right... I want to make sure that the amount i pay doesnt debilitate me.

Edited by fkofilee

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

pdf please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok so you defaulted on it

do you owe them the money what is the story

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am concerned as the more debts that are snapped up by Lowell, the worse this will seem to get...

Im not going to bury my head in the sand, however...

Will BW Legal potentially issue a SD for all debts in one go and sum them together? I didnt think they were allowed to do so?

Or will they issue 5 separate SD?

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Lowell have consolidated debts in the past to bring the amount owed above the £750.00 threshold for bankruptcy proceedings as all the debts are owned by them.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

p'haps time to start sep threads

get some sar's off

and findout why the OC's sold the debts too

dx

and they

Okay well... Thoughts here...

Why would they sell them on? And to Lowell of all people? MAybe Lowell is getting results...

Lowell seems to have an interesting business model and seem to be deluded they will get full returns by buying Portfolios at a huge risk...

What is slightly concerning is that Lowell are working with 3 of the big 4 Mob Comms Companies... !!!!

Also Cap one seems to have gone from all my credit reports!!! Noddle, EQ, & EXP

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis