Gothia/Red Castle (DCA) been passed my loan should I pay them or peachy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have been getting offers of a "reduced" figure for just over 100pounds.

I was in a repayment arrangement with peachy, and payed off over half the loan, but couldn't keep these payments up so offered them £1 a month (and sent it). They said that 1£ pcm wasnt a reasonable amount to pay it off, but it's all I can afford (well can't really) so kept sending it anyways.

They warn that the DCA may add fees and whatever.

I'm sure if it went to court the order would be £1pm.

My question is should I keep sending the £1 to peachy or try and deal with this DCA? What happens down the line when I haven't given the DCA anything?

Cheers in advance

discounts mean bad debts. Almost guaranteed with PDL's.

If the debt hasnt been sold, and the DCA is only acting on behalf, then tell the DCA to bugger off, and keep the repayment going with the PDL, but send them a letter stating that £1 a month is what you can afford. Include a basic I&E to prove it to them, and make sure they know that you are aware they are in breach of OFT guidance.

Unless a DCA owns the debt, they have NO rights at all. Even if they do, they have very limited rights.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

discounts mean bad debts. Almost guaranteed with PDL's.

If the debt hasnt been sold, and the DCA is only acting on behalf, then tell the DCA to bugger off, and keep the repayment going with the PDL, but send them a letter stating that £1 a month is what you can afford. Include a basic I&E to prove it to them, and make sure they know that you are aware they are in breach of OFT guidance.

Unless a DCA owns the debt, they have NO rights at all. Even if they do, they have very limited rights.

How do I know if the debt has been sold?

Send who a letter the PDL or the DCA?

Send the DCA a letter telling them to bugger off. I dont think red castle are debt buyers so theyre pretty much just being bullies.

As an example, DCA's who do not own the debt can be considered the same as the small kid on the playground who hides behind the bully egging them on or just repeating everything they say and adding 'yeah' to it. You want to grab them, you want to beat their brains in, but you know its best to just ignore them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Well I wrote to them to ask if they owned the debt and got a reply that:

"

We are acting on behalf of Cash On Go Ltd.

Should you require any additional information please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail, or by telephone on 0844 894 0634"

I also asked them the other day for a non geographical phone number and they didn't have one (I know in general not to call, but I don't mind taking out a bit of my grief on the phone with them, as long as it isn't costing me 30p a min!

I will send a letter to red castle and a copy to the lender re-iterating the same thing. I already told peachy a while ago I hope we end up in court.

What are your thoughts on sending emails? They cost a lot less than letters (and I don't have a printer so the whole exercise is quite an outing)...

Thanks again

Ok. its safe to ignore them then.

• 2 years later...

I just looked at my noddle credit report and this is still showing as with Cash on Go and in default.

Anything I should/can do about it? I haven't heard from gothica since this thread 2.5 years ago :o

It remains on your file for six years, when it will auto drop off never to return, paid or not.

So they haven't been in contact with you in all this time?

Let sleeping dogs lie then, no point in poking them with a stick.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yep, as childish as it is, let them think they're having a detrimental effect by marking your file..........woopy doo!!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!