Carter no longer collecting Consent order payments - now Wescott phishing letter - help

mau_juaquez
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3663 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have you called BC to find out why they have stopped taking payments?

Also clarify any new payment arrangements...you need to get the Consent arrangement back on a level footing ASAP.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed with this. From previous experience I expect them to come out with complete guff and probably make out like it's my fault.

I will try and get back to the consent order agreement without reminding them of this unless I need to. Don't want them to have ammo to go back for a ccj as the devious soda are likely to do!

I have contacted Cretins Carter and they have said Arrow Global have recalled this and I must get in touch with them as Carter have no interest in this anymore. I mentioned the consent order and he still said take it up with Arrow. Tried to call Arrow but they are closed. Unusual that for a dca!

Will try them tomorrow. This is strange as the consent order is between Phoenix and myself.

Bizarre.

missing the point here - phoenix ARE ARROWS they are all the same company just diff blokes in diff skirts at diff desks in the same fake office

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes see post 201

all the same children of the parent group ARROWS

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Cheers.

I find this very deceiving and can't help but feel they are up to no good. I get the feeling they have done this to try and pilfer more dosh out of me.

It begs the question is the practice even legal? It's certainly immoral!

Edited by mau_juaquez
spelling mistake

eluded to this in the first place

where carter is involved = dodgy goings on.

dx

and they

I regret bottling it now, got scared at the thought of court and what if he won etc.

I think I may complain to OFT and Financial Ombudsman about this. Will be interesting to see what arrow say, probably more guff and then Wescot will probably demand money off me so i think dealing with them in writing will be the best option as per Citizen B's template.

as you'll read I deal with things differently and sometimes off the wall.

i'd be sending wetcloths a cca request

could be a giggle!!

adapt the following text to YOUR details.

DO NOT SIGN THE LETTER!

get a £1 BLANK Postal order

write on the back

for statutory £1 CCA FEE ONLY.

leave the payee BLANK

post the two off by 1st class post, get proof of posting from PO counter

they have 12+2 WORKING days to comply.

firm demanding money

street,

town,

county

postcode

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:- Account/Reference Number 12345678

I do not acknowledge any debt with your Company or Associates

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.[77/78/79]

[***DELETE AS NECESSARY FOR YOUR TYPE OF ACCOUNT***

77/78 - everything bar HP agreemwnts, 79 for HP]

of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide, including a detailed statement of the account.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mr A N Other [PC print yourname - do NOT sign it!]

iknow the consent order over rides this etc etc I get told

but it would be worth the giggle!!

dx

and they

Interesting thought. I might do this. At the very least it buys me a bit of time and a cheap chuckle.

Now Carter has said he is not interested should I try and rectify the consent order or is this null and void. I understand all these toe rags share an office but all go by different names.

Well I think they have proven you ack'd the debt

you've been paying it

and

they state thus in their letter

i'm not good on legal

but

as the consent order was with carter

and carter has 'recinded' on the order

I think its dead now?

dx

and they

Well I think they have proven you ack'd the debt

you've been paying it

and

they state thus in their letter

i'm not good on legal

but

as the consent order was with carter

and carter has 'recinded' on the order

I think its dead now?

dx

Ah yes. CCA request it is.

Wrt consent order that is my feeling but interpreting the law ain't easy!

Hold with that CCA request...you have a Consent Order in place which still stands...the only change is who you have to pay...ring Arrow tomorrow and ask for their payment arrangements...also put it in writing and ask them to respond as it may be needed if they force the default on the Consent.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Hold with that CCA request...you have a Consent Order in place which still stands...the only change is who you have to pay...ring Arrow tomorrow and ask for their payment arrangements...also put it in writing and ask them to respond as it may be needed if they force the default on the Consent.

Regards

Andy

Even though the order is between me and Phoenix/ Carter? This is where I am confused.

Happy to play it safe though, too late to go for it as I gave up that opportunity by settling on the consent order.

Forget Carter he was just the payment collector...your Consent is with Phoenix/Arrow one and the same.

If they can get you to miss 3 or more payments they can go for CCJ automatically....without your knowledge...dont let them do that ...sort the new payment arrangements out and clear any arrears

post 206

dx

and they

Forget Carter he was just the payment collector...your Consent is with Phoenix/Arrow one and the same.

If they can get you to miss 3 or more payments they can go for CCJ automatically....without your knowledge...dont let them do that ...sort the new payment arrangements out and clear any arrears

Thanks for this. I shall act on this advice.

On what grounds ? yes you can challenge it but if you lose or your challenge has no grounds they then go straight for judgment...so the Consent is protecting you at this moment.

Andy

I guess in the grounds that the original order is not wanted by the claimant. I know technically they are all the same but if they go by different companies then surely there is a case? I couldn't just change my side if the order to be put In my mums name etc.

I am still planning in restoring payment but just wondered if there is a case for challenge?