• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Breaking news for cases stayed in Cardiff

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They must as Natwets have settled!!! Yippee

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Allyxia, that's

Fabulous!

Congratulations!!!!!!!

I shall be waiting for the postie with even more anticipation than usual today!

(You never know!:))

Great news - I'm absolutely delighted for you!

Westy

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

well done Ian.

Allyxia

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

Great news Ian - congratulations!

Westy

Westy

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Hi, DCvinners

What you're saying is a bit confusing. Can you explain 'set aside' in this context? Did you get a default judgment that was then set aside? Or is it something else?

Westy

Westy

"The default judgment was set aside and so I now have a directions order set for the 21st december."

OK, sounds like you're in the same vessel as the others. If you followed the step-by-step process, used the templates, submitted your spreadsheets and did everything everyone else has, you shouldn't have anything to be concerned about. However, LTSB have been sending out cheques, I believe, so it may be an idea to call the solicitors and just ask if they're expecting to be represented in Cardiff on 21 December for your case. Don't pursue any other lines of enquiry - if they say 'yes', for example, don't ask why. Just go back into your papers and correspondence and make sure everything's tickety-boo.

That's my two-penn'orth, anyway.

Westy

Westy

"The default judgment was set aside and so I now have a directions order set for the 21st december."

OK, sounds like you're in the same vessel as the others. If you followed the step-by-step process, used the templates, submitted your spreadsheets and did everything everyone else has, you shouldn't have anything to be concerned about. However, LTSB have been sending out cheques, I believe, so it may be an idea to call the solicitors and just ask if they're expecting to be represented in Cardiff on 21 December for your case. Don't pursue any other lines of enquiry - if they say 'yes', for example, don't ask why. Just go back into your papers and correspondence and make sure everything's tickety-boo.

That's my two-penn'orth, anyway.

Westy

Best give the solicitors a call then. I have done exactly how this forum tells you to persue a claim so hopefully won't have any problems. Keep on worrying that a technicality on the interest might cause problems tho. Also post goes missing where I live due to the posties not recognising there are two addresses and not one.

Hi, DC

Any issues on interest whatsoever, give us a nudge. I've been working through a few ideas to prepare myself, just in case.

Statutory interest isn't a problem at all. Just make sure the dates are right for start and end calculations. Contractual interest - what they've charged you - shouldn't be a prob either but that's where it's easier to trip up.

Westy

Westy

But, BTW, we all wake up sweating in the middle of teh night thinking 'have I done this right?'

Normal background paranoia, dear. Go back to sleep (that's what my wife tells me. How she deals with the giant wasp, the falling chandeliers that I dive out of bed to avoid and the palm trees in the corner of the bedroom is something else entirely:)).

Westy

Westy

I rang SC&M this morning and the very helpful guy I spoke to said that although they have not had any instructions from Lloyds regarding my case that I should expect to hear from them in about a week. At least that call took my notes to the top of the pile, bet they had to blow the dust off it first ;)

So the day's getting better, then?

westy

• Haha 1

Westy

Barclays Claimants Directions Hearing Cardiff 21st December 2006

I HAVE SETLED IN FULL

( WELL LESS £8 )

This is how I did it.

FIRSTLY, PLEASE DON'T PHONE THEM UNTIL YOU HAVE A COURT DATE. IF YOU DO, THEY MAY GET FED UP WITH IT AND PULL THE PLUG ON SETTLING BY PHONE WITH CLAIMANTS WHO HAVE HAD THEIR DATE.

Phone Alex Martin at their Legal Department on 020 7116 4523. Tell him that you have a Hearing scheduled and ask if you can get in touch with the person dealing with your claim.BUT, before you ring, check your current claim total including your latest daily interest total - I was asked what my current claim was.

He will ask for some details from you and put you on the correct Course.

Be nice and Polite to both him and whoever else you speak to.

Remember, they are only doing their job and doing what their employers are telling them to do.

You may be able to settle or you may not. I don't know what the criteria is.

This most probably will work with Barclays claimants, who have a court date elsewhere too.

Other Bank claimants, try it and see what your particular Bank says.

Good Luck.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

It would have cost me a lot more than £8 to send off the bundles, travel to the Court and phone calls.

If they are happy that they have gained the £8, then I'm pleased for them.They would have saved a lot more had they not let me get as far as filing, thereby saving the 8% interest and £220 court fees.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

Im keeping quiet at the mo!!!

Will post soon though!!

As of today Im still going ahead with my hearing on 21st Dec and mine is a CMC - we'll see though - I should know by Tuesday.

Well done Welshman!!!!

Allyxia