Garage may have messed up oil change

cirian75
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3837 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

week ago took my new (to me, my old mans perfecly serviced 4 year old 60k swift) car to be serviced at a local indy garage

I supplied the oil and filter

when I collected it the had used an oil flush, I was not made aware theu where going to use it (something I would never ever agree to in a million years)

since then its not sounded quit right

I'm suspecting serveral things

1 they left some the old oil with the flush in, and have contaminated the motul brand oil I supplied

2 they left some old oil with the flush in they used their cheapo own oil and has been contaminated, and kept my oil, or dumped it in to the barrel

3 they used their cheapo own oil, and kept mine or dumped it in to the barrel

4 the flush has done something

it now has a random rattling tappets and it not as smooth feeling as it used to feel.

did you supply the right oil for the vehicle???

how regular did the vehicle get a oil change, if it was not regular then that will not help the vehicle & oil flushes in my own experience even though i only use them a couple of times on older vehicles i have not had any problems

• 1 month later...

They've probably kept your expensive oil for their own cars and used the cheapest mineral oil in yours.

Happens all the time with private garages.

The only way to find out is to take a sample and send it to motul complaining of the poor quality.

They might analise that and find that it's not their oil after all.

Just my opinion, I don't know if they would really do that, but maybe the more knowledgeable members could confirm.

Good luck