DLA - interview under caution - claimant informed on herself???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi this is for a friend who has asked for some help.

She had DLA for years HRC & HRM.

Things in her life started to improve last winter and she started to be able walk further in a shorter time frame than she has ever done. On top of that her medication started to stabilise her needs.

Thinking that it might just be a flash in the pan, she left it until May this year when she felt that the changes were more or less permanent. She contacted the DLA by letter and told them that she wanted to stop her claim as for the past 6 months things had been improving month on month. They sent her another claim form, why I don't know, but anyhow she didn't bother to fill it in and just binned it. Her DLA payments stopped.

The next thing she hears is that the DWP wanted to talk to her on tape about her DLA claim. With nothing to hide or be guilty about off she went. When she returned she looked awful, crying. She says that they treated her like a criminal. The only thing I could get out of her was that they wanted to talk about the 6 months leading up to when she contacted them to stop the claim. She told them the truth that her abilities had improved month on month but wanted to make sure that they were not in her head and were permanent.

She told me that they are now investigating it on the basis of what she had said and admitted that she continued to claim DLA for 6 months knowing that her care needs and mobility had improved.

What can she expect out of this? She seems to have been too honest and has admitted guilt when none exists.

Hi could I be rude and ask what the condition was, There are a number of neurological disorders that this could happen. Did your friend see his/her consultant during this time and what advice did he give. Is it a disorder that can relapse and your friend become unable to walk again. If it is a condition that as periods of remission then a case could be made for her wait and see approach. Did she have any physiotherapy during this time. Does she use any aids now? How long had your friend have difficulty in walking.