chrismillard

The Lewis Group

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2238 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

In May of this year,

two searches of my Equifax credit file were made by the Lewis Group

- supposedly a debt collection agency.

I ignored the searches, and a couple of months later, the searches were removed.

This evening, around 6pm, I received a phone call from a pleasant sounding lady asking for me by name.

I asked who was calling, after confirming my first name only, she said she was from the Lewis Cabot

(or something that sounded similar, but did not sound like Lewis Group

- I only got Lewis Group from looking up the number that called me).

She wanted me to confirm my address, and I said that since she wouldn't tell me what the call was about,

that I wasn't prepared to divulge any of my personal information.

She said that they had written letters to me - if they have, I've not received any, and I've lived at my current address for over 6 years!

She insisted that it was important that I speak to them - she said that she would write to me again, and that I am to call the number.

As far as I am aware, I have no outstanding debts - I have had a couple of CCJs in the past, but my credit file is clear and has been for a good few years.

My concerns are:-

1) My number is ex-directory - how can they get it?

2) This is not the first time a debt collection agency has contacted me.

Late last year, another debt collection agency (McKenzie something or other) called me,

and I did get as far as finding out that they were looking for someone with my name,

but one of the addresses they had for this person was totally unknown to me.

3) I lived in a town about 9 years ago where there was someone else with the same name as me

- I only know this because we shared the same bank branch, a

nd that bank screwed up and my account got emptied out! (It was rectified soon after)

It may not of course be me that they are after, but nevertheless, I am not comfortable to divulge any information about myself to a company that I know nothing about.

Is there anything I could or SHOULD do, or do I just ignore it?

Your number being ex directory means nothing, phone numbers are very easy to get.

If you have satisfied your CCJ's then IMO I would ignore, just keep a close eye on your credit file.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

In May of this year, two searches of my Equifax credit file were made by the Lewis Group - supposedly a debt collection agency. I ignored the searches, and a couple of months later, the searches were removed.

This evening, around 6pm, I received a phone call from a pleasant sounding lady asking for me by name. I asked who was calling, after confirming my first name only, she said she was from the Lewis Caboot (or something that sounded similar, but did not sound like Lewis Group - I only got Lewis Group from looking up the number that called me).

She wanted me to confirm my address, and I said that since she wouldn't tell me what the call was about, that I wasn't prepared to divulge any of my personal information.

She said that they had written letters to me - if they have, I've not received any, and I've lived at my current address for over 6 years!

She insisted that it was important that I speak to them - she said that she would write to me again, and that I am to call the number.

As far as I am aware, I have no outstanding debts - I have had a couple of CCJs in the past, but my credit file is clear and has been for a good few years.

2) This is not the first time a debt collection agency has contacted me. Late last year, another debt collection agency (McKenzie something or other) called me, and I did get as far as finding out that they were looking for someone with my name, but one of the addresses they had for this person was totally unknown to me.

3) I lived in a town about 9 years ago where there was someone else with the same name as me - I only know this because we shared the same bank branch, and that bank screwed up and my account got emptied out! (It was rectified soon after)

It may not of course be me that they are after, but nevertheless, I am not comfortable to divulge any information about myself to a company that I know nothing about.

It wouldnt hurt to send a SARS request to them for all the info... However if they dont have your new address then I would leave it at that :)

It wouldnt hurt to send a SARS request to them for all the info... However if they dont have your new address then I would leave it at that :)

total waste of time.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

In May of this year,

two searches of my Equifax credit file were made by the Lewis Group

- supposedly a debt collection agency.

I ignored the searches, and a couple of months later, the searches were removed.

This evening, around 6pm, I received a phone call from a pleasant sounding lady asking for me by name.

I asked who was calling, after confirming my first name only, she said she was from the Lewis Cabot

(or something that sounded similar, but did not sound like Lewis Group

- I only got Lewis Group from looking up the number that called me).

She wanted me to confirm my address, and I said that since she wouldn't tell me what the call was about,

that I wasn't prepared to divulge any of my personal information.

2) This is not the first time a debt collection agency has contacted me.

Late last year, another debt collection agency (McKenzie something or other) called me,

and I did get as far as finding out that they were looking for someone with my name,

but one of the addresses they had for this person was totally unknown to me.

3) I lived in a town about 9 years ago where there was someone else with the same name as me

- I only know this because we shared the same bank branch, a

nd that bank screwed up and my account got emptied out! (It was rectified soon after)

if your cra file is clear

ignore everyone

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets