• Tweets

• Update: tfl is taking me to court I'm trying to get an ooc claim from them but they have not been replying to my emails. 
    • Are these the important pages I need to upload ? 1.  pages 1-4 are court form 10a 2.  2 pages of the CCA agreement  3.  Default notice from NewDay, 22/02/20 4.   Lowell letter stating they own debt ,     Dated 16/11/20 5. Unheaded letter also dated 16/11/20 from NewDay saying they assigned “all of the respective rights etc,”  to Lowell on 23/10/20 I make this 9 relevant pages from what I can see   ( all other pages are statements/default notes and lots of FCA info sheets) just needing your confirmation in advance as I don’t want to send over pages that are not required thank you  UCM      
    • Just out of curiosity aesmith - are you a lawyer?
    • I spoke to a pro-bono entity this afternoon.  They advise I must initiate a claim in the court v the receiver if I want to then file an application for an order for sale.  I must have a claim/ proceedings to be able to force a sale. The judge in the current proceedings  has told me that I cannot force the lender to sell and the lender cannot interfere either.   If the receiver isn't acting correctly and isn't selling - this means I must make a claim against the receiver I could initiate a claim. Or much quicker  - the other entity - with a charge already - could use that to make an application for an order for sale.
    • Thanks Dave It's not too far away, about 8 or 9 miles, so I will probably venture over on my bike if I can't think of a good reason to drive there again! I'll have a chat with Mrs GB_Joe tomorrow and see which shops they visited, I know M&S was on the list (had to try on multiple sets of trousers!) and they are actually in that bit of retail park. The uniform shop is across the way in the Meridian Centre, so probably not helpful to get them involved.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

RBS Mint Card PPI REclaiming help **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3862 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Well I don't seem to be having much luck on the CCA front!

The latest reply regarding my MINT account is that they cannot procees my request as they require my signature.

In the request I sent off I included the £1 postal order and relevant details, and signed the letter electronically (as per advice on the forum).

So what can I do now? This is a card I took out in mid 2004 and the account is defaulted and being managed through the CCCS (but i still get a statement every month directly from MINT).

I don't want to give them my signature to add to a document if they dont already have it, but I'm not sure how to progress from here.

Any ideas?

Hx

That what i am worried about.

I know it sounds a bit paranoid but all the advice points towards not giving them a signature, but if they won't process the request without it i'm a bit in limbo....

Can they copy the signature onto forms etc once you give it them? -and has that been done?

Not ever proven in my experience, one of many old wives tales!!

There is no specific requirement for a signature on a CCA request, but I have never seen good cause not to sign SARs or CCA requests.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Select committee on Trade and Industry minutes of evidence (1996 Legislative working party)

2. The working party looked at the legal issues regarding the terms document, writing, signature, instrument, and records of transactions and originality. The Government's current proposed legislation focuses particularly upon the issue of signature. The working party considered the leading case in English law on signature methods, Goodman -v- J Eban Limited.

That decision established that:

2.1 mechanical signatures using rubber stamps, printing or typewriting were valid in english law;

2.2 a signature can be by a mark rather than a name as long as evidence can be given to indentify the placer of the mark and the intention to sign; and

2.3 words other than a name can amount to a signature if the necessary intention to sign can be proven

Now although this working party was looking into the Electronics Commerce Bill it points to . .

Goodman v J Eban Ltd (1954)

A solicitor signed a solicitors bill with a rubber stamp which contained the name of the law firm. In the judgment it was determined that the rubber stamp was a valid signature, even theough the Solicitors Act of 1932 required a solicitors bill to be signed; it was established that it is enough to demonstrate that the rubber stamp was affixed by the solicitor with the intention to sign the solicitor's bill.

So now taking the highlights above I go to:

Interpretations act 1978

Schedule 1

1973 c.37.

"Writing" includes typing, lithograpgy, photography or other modes of representing or reproducing words in a visible form and expressions refering to writing can be construed accordingly

Also;

[/i][/b]

Data Protection Act Good Practice Notes:

2. Do you have enough information to be sure of the requester’s identity?

Often you will have no reason to doubt a person’s identity. For example, if a person with whom you have regular contact sends a letter from their known address it may be safe to assume that they are who they say they are.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/practical_application/checklist_for_handling_requests_for_personal_information.pdf

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8861&d=1242456802

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So although an electronic signature technically should be enough, especially in light of the fact they send statements to my house monthly so they have fair belief I am who i purport to be, there is no real risk/implicationd from me signing a letter to them?

Maybe I should just go for a different signature.....

So although an electronic signature technically should be enough, especially in light of the fact they send statements to my house monthly so they have fair belief I am who i purport to be, there is no real risk/implicationd from me signing a letter to them?

Maybe I should just go for a different signature.....

or use;-

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

It's all very well being 'pedantic' about these things but all it achieves is a delay in getting the data you require:wink:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

:smile: No plans to be a pedant just yet...but not enough knowledge on the subject so don't wish to shoot myself in the foot long term.

Bottom line - if i understand it correctly is a CCA request doesn't not LEGALLY require an authentic signature?

The is NO specific requirement for this, a CCA is purely a request for information, lack of a CCA does not mean the debt does not exist and is not collectable.

I understand that it doesn't remove the debt... and if what i have read make sense it has more to do with implications of enforceability...

...if they don't have one it's just a bit more gris to my mill once all ppi etc has been claimed back (if i ever get that far!)

Hi all,

One of the credit card companies I am claiming from has rung today and will be calling back after 5pm to discuss my PPI claim.

Is this normal? Is there anything I should be careful of? I don't have the facilities to record the call so should I just find out what they want and then ask them to put in writing?

It's an account I have had from 2006 but I am still waiting for my additional SAR info (as they only sent me through copy statements and nothing else) so i don't want to be caught on the hop.

Hx

Edited by siriusb

as already stated

we do not recommend answering any PPI questions on the phone

the calls are usually pre loaded questions asked in such a way as to defeat your claim

or even dismiss ittotally or reduce the reclaim.

everything in writing as you wish to complain to the FOS

if they do not refund you properly.

simply say, sorry, I wish your questions in WRITING for FOS purposes.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

Thanks DX - I am sure I remembered reading that on another post but couldn't re-find it.

Will be as nice to the chap (and he was a very friendsly chap but I know when people are trying to disarm me) as he was to me but will request everything in writing in case it is not found in my favourand then we both have an indisputable paper trail for FOS or Court.

hx

why do you think they are appearing to be nice...think about it

for the sake of one phonecall they could say themselves £1000's

ps it might well serve your end result better to not make so many disjointed threads

if you take a look at the ones you've already started on PPI

there are loads of them

better to stick to a single thread per company reclaim

else you do lose info and we don't know whats already been advised.

dx

and they

If they call, refuse to talk to them and just say you want everything in writing. Don't get into a conversation, and dont start listening to what they say. Simply state that, and put the phone down.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

How bizarre!

I'm trying not to get paranoid...

...in one day I have had phone calls from two credit cards about my ppi claims!

The one who was going to ring back after 5pm never bothered. Tut tut!

Another one rang just before 8pm. Once again a very nice bloke...wanted to know what i remembered about opening the account. I replied that questions like that needed to be put in writing, which he said he'd do. He them implied that as the 8 weeks was up in 3 weeks time it was down to me..... How naughty!

Strikes me as odd having two phone calls on one day!

Hi,

Have received letters from both of these creditors today asking very similar questions i.e what do I recall about the sale, my recollection of what the sales material said about my medical condition, why i believed the insurance was not optional, when my medical condition was diagnosed and what is my understanding of how this condition would affect a claim.

I'm still waiting for additional info from one of them as they only sent a partial sar (just statements) and the other one hasn't sent anything at all yet.

They both say they won't be able to investigate my claim further until they have answers to these questions.

Do I just wait for the SAR info and take it from there? The only thing I can say with any certainty is that i can confirm when my medical condition started.

Any ideas?

why would your medical condition be relevant on any PPI claim?

have you used it as an excuse or something.

what 'part' if any, have YOU indicated that YOUR medical condition is even relevant on your reclaiming?

dx

and they

I have not used my medical condition as main reason for mis-selling, but I have said that I am now aware PPI tends to have exclusions and that as I was never made aware of this (in that no-one ever discussed PPI with me re it's scope or limitations) I do not believe it would have paid out.

Does that make sense?

if you 'had' a pre existing medical condition

and

you had of made a claim against the PPI whereby that condition was the main reason for the claim

the claim would have been refused, as the condition was a pre-existing one, thus not covered by PPI.

if you told them or was not asked about it when you 'signed up', then that is ONE reason the PPI would latterly be useless.

seems to me you might have used what we call the 'scatter-gun' approach to treclaiming PPI.

never a good idea

dx

and they

Yes - I totally agree. It's all new to me and I am trying to be more methodical and organized now. I know it's retrospective but I have to work with that now.

My inclination is to wait for the remainder of the sar from one and all of it from another.

I'm not sure whether me holding off replying for a couple of weeks will be an issue overall.