Ebay going to break in????

EmilyChar19
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, I am new to CAG just joined today, and I am only 20 so please be gentle with me lol

I have an ebay account but I recently got made redundant, I have always paid seller fees and I think been a very good customer, obviously with being unemployed at the moment I cannot pay the seller fees.

I have a job, but I am waiting for my criminal record check to come back before they will let me start, so anyway I rang Ebay and said you know I have no Job I cant pay these fees that are £40.51. The lady on the phone said well theres really nothing we can do about that you must pay it, I answered how can I pay these fees when I have no job?

She said you need to make a one off payment by the 15th of september otherwise we will suspending your Ebay account, I said so what happens when my Ebay account is suspended she said you cant use it and your account will go into the arrears department! I said oh right, so what happens if I dont pay it because I cant? She said and then Ebay will come to your house and get the money at which point I put the phone down, I know from my mum being a member of CAG that they have absolutely no right but im just wondering what do i do now?

I cant pay it! :(

Hi. Sorry you were missed. Ebay visit your house! Never in a month of Sundays. What I think will happen is that Ebay will pass the fees on to IQOR who are debt collectors. They will bug you but they can't do much without taking court action and for such a small sum, they won't. IF they do turn up (Highly unlikely but anything is possible) just tell them to sod off or else you will call the police and report them for trespass.

If you have linked your bank account with Ebay and Paypal, I would remove the link (just in case)

Once you are in a better position to clear the seller fees, do so.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi there thank you for your reply youve made me feel a lot better, I have removed all links on ebay with my bank account thankfully. I will definatly clear my seller fees when i am in position to do so as i always have wish they were more understanding.

This is another prime example why you should never speak to anybody regarding debt on the phone.

She's purely trying to scare you into making a payment.

I would email or write to eBay with an official complaint. Make sure you include how intimidated and scared you were over the conversation with them on the phone.

The previous poster is correct. eBay will pass on the debt to a DCA who will write a few letters.

A strongly worded letter of complaint would possibly see this MASSIVE debt (of £40 odd) written off as a "gesture of goodwill"

Don't worry whatsoever.

Regards

BM

It never rains but it pours...

Tell them that anyone calling to the house will be subject to the directions of Rex v Simpkin (1624). Never been superceded and basically says the householder must run an intruder through with a sword if there are women in the house at the time. Not may, must. My idea of good law when applied to debt collectors.