Old endowment policy for Verso mortgage

astral
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out an interest only mortgage back in 1999 with Verso, part of The Britannia. The mortgage was sorted through a financial adviser who advised me to take interest only rather than a repayment mortgage, and he sorted the endowment policy as well. I remember there was a big thing a few years ago about endowment policies not clearing peoples mortgages and want to know if I can still claim back on the one I had. I can't remember the name of the financial adviser apart from his first name, or the endowment provider, it was Scottish something. If I contacted the Britannia would they be able to provide the information and would I have a claim. The house was sold in 2004

Hello there.

I would have expected you to have been sent some sort of policy document, probably a copy one if the policy was assigned to Britannia. Or you should have annual statements of what the policy is worth, if you're still at the same address.

But to answer your question, I would hope that Britannia could tell you who the policy is with. They were bought, weren't they? Off the top of my head, I can't remember who owns them though.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks Honeybee.

I sold the house in 2004 so if there are any statements I haven't had them. I forgot about the endowment until recently and never had anything back from it when I sold.

I'll contact The Britannia and see where I get with them. Will they still have that information after 9 years?

Thanks Honeybee.

I sold the house in 2004 so if there are any statements I haven't had them. I forgot about the endowment until recently and never had anything back from it when I sold.

I'll contact The Britannia and see where I get with them. Will they still have that information after 9 years?

I can't remember how long they're meant to keep it, but if your loan was long term I would hope they still have information. That seems logical to me.

I take it you stopped paying the premiums?

HB

Hi you should still be able to claim the money from endowment. There are many ways the one that I have seen get results is the, 'Unclaimed Assets Register' they will help to trace lost policies without any guarantee. There will be a fee chargeable if you use their services last time I used them for someone in my family it was £25 find the policy or not...you just need to Google their name to find further details.

dpick

Hi you should still be able to claim the money from endowment. There are many ways the one that I have seen get results is the, 'Unclaimed Assets Register' they will help to trace lost policies without any guarantee. There will be a fee chargeable if you use their services last time I used them for someone in my family it was £25 find the policy or not...you just need to Google their name to find further details.

dpick

Hello dpick. Does that system work for a policy that hasn't yet matured, out of interest please?

HB