• Tweets

• Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.
    • Yep, those 'requirements' not met to shareholders satisfaction seem to me to be: 1. Not being allowed to increase customer bills by 40% (of which well over 50% of the new total would NOT be investment) 2. 1 plus regulators not agreeing to letting them do 'things in their own time (ie carry on regardless)
    • As already mentioned freely available "credit scores" are fairly useless. All lenders have their own "credit scoring" system, that for obvious reasons they don't divulge. And they're "scored" differently to the freely available ones. As soon as they could, we've always encouraged our two children to use credit cards responsibly... Pay off in full, etc, to generate good history. It's paid off. At quite young ages, they have both obtained loans for cars, mortgage and their credit card limits are through the roof. Personally, I have shifted debt around a lot on credit cards (even financed a house purchase once at 0% 😉) and I've only ever been refused a credit card once, sorry twice by the same company, over many years. They must have something very different in their lending criteria. You're a tight one, Mr Branson.
    • Hi DX - quick question, what is the bank likely to do when they get my letter of change of address ? also what is the worst they can do? thanks J1L
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3482 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the Work Programme, from another one of their "Job Club" specials.

Anyway, the manager spoke to me regarding my complaint, I recorded this conversation on my phone, they just said that it had been passed onto the Operations Manager and they will resolve it within a week and they will contact me regarding the complaint.

I was also told to carry on attending my scheduled Job Clubs that I have twice a week for the rest this month and then they said the words "It won't be forever" whatever that means, whether that means they are going to reduce them or something else I'm not sure.

This online course - Is it the one stated in your "action plan" and does it have to be done at set hours during the day/week ?

Most online courses can be done at times to suit you (i.e. evenings or weekends) so could be done around other commitments. If this course requires set times during the daytime for some reason (e.g. live chat sessions with a tutor) and it is this business admin course stated, then your provider should be making adjustments.

No template for withdrawal of consent - It only needs to be a short letter using the wording mentioned in post #3. Don't pad the letter out with other issues as they may overlook the withdrawal. Once consent has been withdrawn, add a note to the bottom of all future letters reminding them of it.

Complaints should be addressed in a separate letter and you must follow due process:

Step 1: Complain to the provider - They should have provided you with a copy of their complaints procedure.

Step 2: If step 1 fails to provide a satisfactory outcome, escalate the complaint to 3rd party provisions manager at the DWP (or see http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?391730-Data-Protection-at-Work-Programme&p=4236070&viewfull=1#post4236070 for address).

Step 3: When all other avenues have failed, ask for a review by the Independent Case Examiner - This step will cost the provider up to £5000, so it is in their interest to settle the matter sooner rather than later.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Thank you again Mr.P for the information, the online course which really hasn't got anything to do with the Work Programme as I put myself forward for it but there isn't any set hours.

I will wait to see what response I get from the Operations Manager within the next week but will take it further if required.

The trouble is also, I am finding it harder and harder everyday as I have numerous health issues such as bad Asthma, IBS, Gerd, Pernicious Anaemia, Hiatus Hernia and waiting for a official diagnosis of Fibromyalgia but I cannot apply for ESA until I receive the official diagnosis but I feel this Work Programme is taking the mick recently.

You don't have to wait for a diagnosis to claim ESA if your doctor will write you sick notes. ESA is not awarded based on diagnoses.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thank you again Mr.P for the information, the online course which really hasn't got anything to do with the Work Programme as I put myself forward for it but there isn't any set hours.

I will wait to see what response I get from the Operations Manager within the next week but will take it further if required.

The trouble is also, I am finding it harder and harder everyday as I have numerous health issues such as bad Asthma, IBS, Gerd, Pernicious Anaemia, Hiatus Hernia and waiting for a official diagnosis of Fibromyalgia but I cannot apply for ESA until I receive the official diagnosis but I feel this Work Programme is taking the mick recently.

Thecookiemonster(I love the name) just get the form to apply for ESA you should gain enough points if you look closely at the descriptors and how they relate to you condition.

I am currently on Jobseekers Allowance.

However I suffer from chronic Asthma, IBS, GERD, Hiatus Hernia, Pernicious Anaemia and also suspected Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

I take 2 inhalers every day as well as 2 pills for GERD, up to 6 pills a day for IBS and also 9 a day for my headaches, nerve and muscle pain issues, as well as having to have B12 injections every 3 months.

For the last 2-3 months I have had to see my GP and Asthma Nurse every couple of weeks.

Given the above would I be eligible to apply for ESA or PIP? or both?

Thank you.

However I suffer from chronic Asthma, IBS, GERD, Hiatus Hernia, Pernicious Anaemia and also suspected Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

I take 2 inhalers every day as well as 2 pills for GERD, up to 6 pills a day for IBS and also 9 a day for my headaches, nerve and muscle pain issues, as well as having to have B12 injections every 3 months.

For the last 2-3 months I have had to see my GP and Asthma Nurse every couple of weeks.

Thank you.

I personally wouldn't be too much in a hurry in thinking that ESA or PIP is due for what you describe. There are many people with some very major illnesses that are life threatening that can't get either.

Mind you it took me a few years and many hours or reading to find a way that almost makes a claim impossible to refuse!

I personally wouldn't be too much in a hurry in thinking that ESA or PIP is due for what you describe. There are many people with some very major illnesses that are life threatening that can't get either.

Mind you it took me a few years and many hours or reading to find a way that almost makes a claim impossible to refuse!

Thank you for your reply, well I have little to no energy, walking around is becoming harder due to the fatigue and daily pain I suffer and the tablets I take make me feel like a Zombie and make me drowsy.

My asthma peak flows average between 200-330 and it should be around 650, I was 11 weeks premature and the Asthma Nurse said this would have left me with underdeveloped lungs which probably caused the Asthma in the first place.

Ignore the post by bedofweeds. As long as you have a medical condition which affects your ability to work, that's all that matters.

ESA is for people who have a medical condition which affects their ability to work. PIP is for people who have a medical condition which means they have care and /or mobility needs.

Thank you.

thecookiemonster

Would have been just as easy ask in you last thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?405218-Work-Programme-amp-illness

the above question...

Instead of having 3 threads on the go !

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?405568-Work-Programme-Issues

"sigh"

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

thecookiemonster

Would have been just as easy ask in you last thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?405218-Work-Programme-amp-illness

the above question...

Instead of having 3 threads on the go !

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?405568-Work-Programme-Issues

"sigh"

Sorry but I thought it would be better to have a separate thread.

:thecookiemonster:

The (very harsh) criteria for an award of employment n support allowance.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@disabled/documents/digitalasset/dg_177366.pdf

(pages 10 -12 and 17 - 27)

And the criteria for a personal independence payment.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/benefits_e/benefits_the_pip_assessment_e/pip_activities_descriptors_and_points.htm

Margaret.

Eligibility for both benefits is about whether the effects of your condition(s) meet the threshold of limited capability for work/work related activity. Or give rise to care/mobility needs. And none of us can pre judge that via an internet site. :nono:

Edited by **Margaret**

:thecookiemonster:

The (very harsh) criteria for an award of employment n support allowance.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@disabled/documents/digitalasset/dg_177366.pdf

(pages 10 -12 and 17 - 27)

And the criteria for a personal independence payment.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/benefits_e/benefits_the_pip_assessment_e/pip_activities_descriptors_and_points.htm

Margaret.

Thanks, that is exactly why I stated what I did in my post above.

As Nystagmite mentioned above, anybody can claim either ESA or PIP, being awarded it is a totally different matter!

Edited by bedofweeds

Ignore the post by bedofweeds. As long as you have a medical condition which affects your ability to work, that's all that matters.

ESA is for people who have a medical condition which affects their ability to work. PIP is for people who have a medical condition which means they have care and /or mobility needs.

No it is NOT.

ESA is NOT given if you have a medical condition which affects your ability to work. It is awarded if you can gain over 15 points from any of the descriptors that make up ESA. It is more about proving that you fit the government devised descriptors than if you are too sick to work. I have already shown you in an earlier thread how easy it is to put be in the Support Group of ESA yet be fully able to work full time.

As for PIP being for people who have a medical condition which means they have care and /or mobility needs that is not entirely true either. You have to prove that you have significant mobility problems and/or care needs. You do NOT need to have a diagnosis. You also have to prove that you also fit the government devised descriptors that make up PIP. You can still be ill/sick/disabled but if you cannot 'fit' the descriptors around that condition you will not be awarded PIP. You can easily be very disabled and not qualify for PIP as well as being partially disabled and qualify for it at the highest level.

I do wish people would spend more time reading and understanding how these two benefits are set up, neither is set up on the basis of having a diagnosis and being too ill to work or being so seriously disabled.

If you don't get the descriptors right, you wont get anything!

No it is NOT.

ESA is NOT given if you have a medical condition which affects your ability to work. It is awarded if you can gain over 15 points from any of the descriptors that make up ESA. It is more about proving that you fit the government devised descriptors than if you are too sick to work. I have already shown you in an earlier thread how easy it is to put be in the Support Group of ESA yet be fully able to work full time.

I do wish people would spend more time reading and understanding how these two benefits are set up, neither is set up on the basis of having a diagnosis and being too ill to work or being so seriously disabled.

If you don't get the descriptors right, you wont get anything!

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) is paid If you’re ill or disabled and cannot work. yes you have to meet a certain amount of points to be awarded the benefit but those points are based on questions and your illness / medical conditions or disability and if they stop you from working

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) is paid If you’re ill or disabled and cannot work. yes you have to meet a certain amount of points to be awarded the benefit but those points are based on questions and your illness / medical conditions or disability and if they stop you from working

I'm sorry but you are only half right. OK say you believe that you can't work because of an illness or a disability. The first thing you should look at is what descriptor could I get evidence for. Lets say that you have difficulty lifting both hands to just below chest level due to pain or disability. That by itself will give you ESA and see you in the Support Group. That by itself may not stop you from operating a keyboard at a normal level - which is well below chest level.

Let's say that you have a difficulty walking up to 50 metres without being in severe discomfort. Could you use a manual wheelchair yes but you haven't got the funds to pay for one. That wouldn't stop you from working in a job that requires you to sit down. Yet you would qualify for ESA and be put in the Support Group. Let's say that you are not able to socialise due to a phobia or mental illness, that too would put you in the Support Group yet wouldn't stop you doing some work.

Simply put you need not be that ill or disabled, yet you would be entitled to ESA.

I actually meet more than one of these Support Group descriptors which have been proven medically, but to be honest I can't say that I am too ill to work! They are certainly nothing to do with not being able to work. Yes I do have various conditions and because of those I have proven that I fit various descriptors, but none are stopping me from working. I just qualify under what the government have deemed 'proves' that I am unfit for work. Whether I am or not has nothing to do with it.

ESA is all about descriptors and points and NOT about how ill you think or believe you are.

Yes it's certainly a contradictory benefits system, ATOS say someone is fit to work, they claim jsa after a short time they miss their signing day or WP aka new deal or whatever they want to call it these days, then after they fail to sign on they are told that they are too ill to be actively seeking work, so probably the only way they will get any money is to make a new claim for esa and go around the benefit merry go round a second time