Enhanced CRB Shoplifting DVD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, back in 2010 in a moment of stupidity me and a friend were in a DVD shop and stole a DVD. We were caught and taken back to the shop where they then called the police.

I admitted that it was my fault and not my friends. However the time has come now where I would like to get some voluntary work as a treasurer, however as the charity is involved with children it's an enhanced CRB.

My question is will this show up? We were banned from the store but no fines were given and I believe we had to apologise. I seem to remember we were told we could avoid court by signing something but I'm unsure of what this was.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me out, I was over 18 at the time.

Needless to say I am very ashamed, I am being sent over the CRB form next week to fill out, should I declare this?

Thanks for your help!

What did the police say when they were called? Were you charged? fined? given a fixed penalty notice? Caution by the desk sergeant?

You could go to the police yourself and ask for your file, but it will cost.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

What did the police say when they were called? Were you charged? fined? given a fixed penalty notice? Caution by the desk sergeant?

You could go to the police yourself and ask for your file, but it will cost.

I can't fully remember, they were okay about it from what I recall, in that I took full responsibility and they were aware it was a stupid thing to be doing when at university. There was no fine and we were dealt with then and there, told to accept out punishment of being banned but no other consequences came from it.

All this is to say, we signed something, almost like a ticket which I believe he told us would avoid going to court or something and said they do that to prevent paperwork and it would just be simpler that way. But given that they took our information (name and university address at the time) does this mean it will show up on a CRB?

I keep trying to remember what it was whether a warning/ caution etc. but I can't, was just hoping someone recognised the process and could advise.

Hi there, back in 2010 in a moment of stupidity me and a friend were in a DVD shop and stole a DVD. We were caught and taken back to the shop where they then called the police.

I admitted that it was my fault and not my friends. However the time has come now where I would like to get some voluntary work as a treasurer, however as the charity is involved with children it's an enhanced CRB.

My question is will this show up? We were banned from the store but no fines were given and I believe we had to apologise. I seem to remember we were told we could avoid court by signing something but I'm unsure of what this was.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me out, I was over 18 at the time.

Needless to say I am very ashamed, I am being sent over the CRB form next week to fill out, should I declare this?

Thanks for your help!

I do voluntary work for a charity and was a school governor for 12 years - I am now at uni training to be a Social Worker - I had convictions worse than this - my advice is that if you declare it - you will be asked about the circumstances and so long as the possible 'conviction' is spent which I would suggest it is then you will be fine - however if you don't admit it and it shows up you may then be told that you are not suitable. These type of offences do NOT bar you from working with children - they would just like you to have shown remorse which I think from your OP that you have

Hope this helps!!!

Banking Idiot

Also understand that an enhanced disclouser is the basic disclosure along with anything the senior sergeant deems worth in regards to the prospective employer.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

But as the position is for a treasurer and I'll be working with money doesn't that go against me?

I was told today by the voluntary organisation that I would need to go infront of a panel once everything comes through (they don't know yet) and it has made me so much more nervous. How much detail does the CRB check go into? Does it just say 'caution for shoplifting' or whatever or do they get the entire police report?

Is there any better way to word it on the form? :(

Heres what i would do. Two options.

1. Head to the police station, pay the fee and apply for an enhanced CRB.

2. be upfront and straight towards your new employers and tell them what happened.

Chances are it wont appear on your CRB, but IF it does, they will be wanting to know why you didn't declare it ( if they have already asked). If they havent asked, then dont declare it, and let the CRB come through. Then you'll just be turned down without having to explain, OR you could pop along and explain if it does show.

What im trying to say is dont hide it. You will look more untrustworthy if you do that, than anything else.

Heres what i would do. Two options.

1. Head to the police station, pay the fee and apply for an enhanced CRB.

2. be upfront and straight towards your new employers and tell them what happened.

Chances are it wont appear on your CRB, but IF it does, they will be wanting to know why you didn't declare it ( if they have already asked). If they havent asked, then dont declare it, and let the CRB come through. Then you'll just be turned down without having to explain, OR you could pop along and explain if it does show.

What im trying to say is dont hide it. You will look more untrustworthy if you do that, than anything else.

You don't have to make that decision now. Under the new law commencing 17 June 2013, they have to send the certificate to you instead of your employer. You then give it to your employer. They say they can send it to the employer after 28 days if you don't , I haven't yet seen the need to figure out if that's lawful but the point is it gives you 28 days even if they're right. So why don't you get it, and if there's nothing on it then you're ok. If there is something on it some people (like me) say it is necessarily unlawful (and probably has been since 1998), and in any event you can then have a think about what to do. HTH