Loeby Vs HSBC...Bring It On!

loeby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Send it made up to the date the claim was issued, if you can. If not just point out that it includes Xpence additional interest accrued since date of issuing claim.

I have received a letter from DG solicitors this morning saying that it feels the charges are fair and they are confident with resisting the claim in court but they are prepared to make an ex-gratia payment of £1241.

The £1241 covers my charges and the court fee but no interest, so do i just send the partial pment rejection letter and still claim for the interest or is this offer worth accepting??

yes, yes, you are one week from total victory - follow the guidelines - send the refussal letter - from the template Rejection of settlement offer- fit it to your details. tell them you will halt your claim when you receive a cheque (or your account is creditted) with XXXX.XX (include interest, bank charges and daily rate - you add those extra few pounds on up to today's date) - total it all for them, send it off - get to asda and post it today - recorded delivery and honestly, i predict - you are one week from that next happy letter. it's a game and you have the end in site - do it now!!!!!!!!

after rereading your thread - i can't see where you sent your breakdown to dg and am wondering - did the offer come from dg or was it from colin langdale at hsbc (this would be a very belated offer to your lba) - i'm just curious as dg usually request a breakdown before they make an offer - but they are swamped at the moment and therefore may be are changing their routine a bit.

i'm hoping it is from dg as that means you are very, very close to a full offer.

yes, we've been here before - with others - and the 80% offer is just one week before the full offer. think of it this way - why would they offer anything at all if they think they can win in court, they can't, so they offer a portion hoping you'll say "ohhhh, maybe i'd better take it - it's close, and they might not offer again and it's nearly xmas and and and."

it's a delaying tactic - hoping you will halt your claim.

this is a two pronged thing from dg - also at the same time - because your 28 days is up - they will have filed a defense - and you will get the court notification about it - just put it aside for now (although look at the deadline for the aq as that is your new deadline) they file even when they are in negotiation with you - it's just the dates come up - they file - so don't panic if you see it's defended on mcol or when you get the paperwork. that is all quite normal. but most important, you are in the final dealing phase with them - chin up. nearly there!

so sorry I meant to put this on a new thread did not mean to hi jack yours .

I am a little worried i sent letters in August to the bank requesting my money , sent the pre lim in the time scale and was contacted by them basically saying that they had no intention of paying and would not enter into any further dialogue as the matter was now closed. To be honest i was so skint I did not file it until december does this amke any difference

phew !!!!!!!!

Does anyone have the address and e mail address of the solicitors for HSBC as this has been sent by Kate V eaves , and I think I would like to send it to her directly or at least someone in her office.

I have the defence and the AQ, but I was handed them in the court.

They filed their defence on the 7th, but I have not recived them through the post ( going on holiday on the 13th til 3rd jan)...

So i have no idea of the properr deadline for me to file my response yet, and although I dont want t miss the deadline i dont want to spend extra money in the courts if i dont want to, but as I wont be here i am really tempyed to just file it at court and let matters take care of themselves whilst i am awy what do you think:eek:

look on your thread, i've responded there - but am i reading this correctly - you think the letter was sent by Kate V eaves - sounds like a case on here to me - haven't heard that name before with dg but then julie kyle left so, who knows...... check carefully and anyway - send it to debs. she seems to get things done, after a fashion.

Sent my partial offer rejection off last saturday so dg will have received it on monday. I have received my allocation questionairre this morning giving me till the 27th to return it so Im hoping I hear from dg with a full offer before the questionare is due back in

i think it's worth a call/e-mail/fax, whatever you choose - but wait until after tomorrow's post - they usually answer within a week - but things must be hectic there. after the post tomorrow - if nothing - get in touch and tell them that with xmas post and all - you can't possibly leave the aq too later and will be returning it at the end of this week. (i'd check where the aq goes - local court? and see if your aq deadline is the 27th, when is the latest they would accept it - just so you know where you stand - i'm thinking with holidays and all - it isn't cut and dried - give the court a call). whatever, if you don't have the money - you will need to file it and get that money back from dg. although come to think of it - if it is below 1500, i don't think you pay - check it out in the faqs about aq's. but don't miss the deadline if you haven't been paid.

• Haha 1

steve just said on his that the courts are closed on the 27th which is what i was wondering about - so definitely worth a calll to see which way they will call it - before or after - that makes a big difference to your aq. maybe doesn't apply to all courts - check it out.

Thanks again for your words of wisdom lateralus, ill give them a call tomorrow and see what the score is. The amount is just over £1500 with ineterest included so not sure if ill have to pay the £100 but ill ask them when i call

Thanks again for your words of wisdom lateralus, ill give them a call tomorrow and see what the score is. The amount is just over £1500 with ineterest included so not sure if ill have to pay the £100 but ill ask them when i call

you do not have to pay the fee. As interest should not be included.

Preparing for trialAllocation to track:

claims for money of £1,500 or less no feeall other claims£100