shower screen exploded

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2789 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My shower screen exploded 2 weeks ago, no one had been in the room for several hours, contacted Victoria Plumb where I had bought it 2 years earlier, they were very unhelpful and said I must have hit it with something! And they were not responsible and refused a replacement. There were 2 large chips in the bath from this. I am thinking of taking them to the small claims court, any suggestions

Hello and welcome Messy test,

I have started a new thread for you, hopefully you'll get some advice shortly.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Messy,

Unless their own people fitted the shower screen, VP are likely to deny responsibility.

If your only contact about this has been in person or by phone, that is not how to conduct your complaint.

Before you contemplate any court action, you should write to the VP store and copy to their head office. Use RM Signed For delivery. You could say something like :-

I bought an over-bath shower screen in xxxx [month and year] and it was fitted in accordance with your instructions by a competent plumber.

No one had been in the room for several hours when the shower screen shattered. I went to see what had happened and found the screen had shattered and caused damage to the bath.

I have [visited / spoken to] the xxxxxxxxxx store where the shower screen was bought but they denied responsibility and refused to discuss a replacement.

I am aware that toughened glass screens can shatter for no reason due to the manner in which they are heat treated as part of the toughening process.

I expect you to consider this matter properly and communicate with me with a view to reaching an acceptable solution.

If you fail to address the matter to my satisfaction, I will make a formal complaint and ask The Furniture Ombudsman to review the case.

Please let me have your considered response within 7 days.

A copy of this letter is being sent to your Head Office.

One thing that strikes me is you say there were 2 large chips in the bath caused by this. Depending on how the glass shattered, I would not necessarily expect there to be visible damage to the bath. Is it a steel or a plastic bath.

Are you certain the screen didn't shatter as a result of falling into or onto the bath. Was the screen's fixing system found in the right place after the shattering.

:-)

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 3 weeks later...

Just reading through other posts and this happened to me too! On August bank holiday. I was in the shower at the time but didn't touch it. My bath has deep cuts in it too so I agree the glass would be able to cause it. This is my story if you're interested http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?403587-Shower-screen-exploded-unsatisfactory-resolution