• Tweets

• Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mkdp/hsbc - first direct account [merged card/OD - managed loan]

Shawn0109
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

all

Been a long time since I last was on here,

here is my issue that is currently stressing me out as this company is not taking "No" for an answer and are now being very aggressive.....

This alleged debt has been with a number of different collection agencies

every time I send them the same old £1.00 postal order to get a copy of the alleged Credit Agreement

every time with them saying "Oh we don't have it, go and get it from the original creditor".

Now this lot started back in beginning of 2012

again I sent a £1.00 postal order and every month they came back saying "Oh we are still waiting for HSBClink3.gif to provide us with it".

Then all of a sudden when I advised them that they are in default of my request by over a year

they then say "Oh it's not a Credit Agreement but a Bank Account".

Erm ok I don't believe you because I do remember I had some form of credit because with the last lot of collection agencies in 2010

the balance is for the same amount with a different HSBC/First Direct Account Number...... Very interesting.

when I made the £1.00 postal order payment to the previous collection agency for a copy of the alleged agreement

they told me they "Didn't have it" so what did they do?

Make it look like I made a payment to the account instead,

good job I kept all the letters from that long ago to prove what the £1.00 was for.

MKDP are saying it's a "Bank Account" now and not a "Credit Agreement" which I know for a fact what it is,

but I am standing my ground here and have not admitted anything to them,

I sent an SARlink3.gif request posted signed for on delivery with a £10 postal order got a reply back yesterday what have they sent?

Screen shots of payments made to the alleged account,

no statements from the original creditor,

no explanation as to how the debt came about

as on the screen shots they sent over show a balance of £0.00 "LOL"

and no Deed Of Assignment

I have sent them an email over saying they have not complied with my request

and will now await to see what other B.S they come up with.

Finally in the letter you will not believe what I caught them out on and I pointed this out in the email,

the balance they say I owe was originally £1381.86 it is now £1371.86

I think what they have done again to prevent it going Stat Barred is place the £10.00 postal order I sent for the SARlink3.gif request on to the account

to make it look like I have made a payment,

they are in fact breaking the law and what also looks like committing fraud I would say.

I am trying not to stress over this but would you guys think it would be best for me to make my SAR request directly to HSBC and advise MKDP that I have done so?

As far as I am concerned this debt is in dispute and if it goes to court I will sue them for the amount of stress

they have placed on me over the last 18 months. Any help guys would be totally awesome.

Thanks All.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you really need keep sending the CCA requests to DCAs.

Send one request to HSBC and then when the next DCA pops up, simply send them a copy of your request to HSBC and confirm the account is in dispute.

You might also want to invest £10.00 and send a Subject Access Request to HSBC - this entitles you to ALL data in respect of your relationship with HSBC. There is a draft SAR letter in the CAG library.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Shawn, are you saying you sent a SAR to MKDP, they will only have minimal data from the date they acquired the account

As citizen B said SAR HSBC/First Direct this will get all the data on ALL accounts.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

So you are saying they have credited the statutory request payment to the account?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The alleged account was sold to MKDP so thought they would have had all the info, yes I will send the SAR request to them and see what happens.

And yes MKDP and a previous debt collection agency used the payments for both cca and sar and have applied them as payment to the account,

but not to worry I have all copies of letters sent,

I know they have done this to prevent Stat Barred status by making it look like I have made payment when I have not, I even stated that in my letters to them.

But yes I will now go directly to the original creditor with that account number that has been sold on

and see what they come up with, they might turn round and say....

. "Sorry go to the "Mickey Mouse" collection agency we sold it to for that info"

The alleged account was sold to MKDP so thought they would have had all the info, yes I will send the SARlink3.gif request to them and see what happens.

And yes MKDP and a previous debt collectionlink3.gif agency used the payments for both cca and SARlink3.gif and have applied them as payment to the account, but not to worry I have all copies of letters sent, I know they have done this to prevent Stat Barred status by making it look like I have made payment when I have not, I even stated that in my letters to them.

But yes I will now go directly to the original creditor with that account number that has been sold on and see what they come up with, they might turn round and say..... "Sorry go to the "Mickey Mouse" collection agency we sold it to for that info"

Then I will be P***ed.....

Just had an email from MKDP today advising me to pay full balance now,

I have advised them in a reply back that I have sent an SAR request to HSBC/First Direct via recorded delivery

and even though they have bought the debt from them they must now stop all collection activity whist the dispute is in place.

My question is now shall I send them a copy of my SAR request that I have today sent to the original creditor?

And number two

are they allowed to be still seeking collection of the alleged debt whilst there is a dispute in place with the original creditor

bearing in mind that they allegedly bought this debt from them?

Yes that's what it looks like they have done. :-/

Tut tut thats very naughty. I think you need one of brigs letters. I would try and compose one myself, but from experience, his letters always hit the mark.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Tut tut thats very naughty. I think you need one of brigs letters. I would try and compose one myself, but from experience, his letters always hit the mark.

So as above I have sent an SAR Request this time to the original creditor had another email back just like 10 mins ago from MKDP saying that I am not allowed to do this, erm I think I am...... Am I not?

• 1 month later...

Well today I have had a reply back from HSBC/First Direct

They have advised that they can not find any statements regarding the account that MKDP allegedly bought from them

because the account was closed back in 2004

they did however have statements from a credit card account that was paid off back in 2002 in full...

.. so the account which MKDP claimed to be a current account which the original creditor stated they have no statements for

I take it I can now go back to MKDP and advise them that all collection activity must now stop...

... Any help people would be appreciated..... :-)

So HSBC cant find any statements, nor do they have a CCA, yet the DCA still thinks they can do anything?

That's it, they sent me old credit card statements which show that the account was paid off in 2002....

. Now in regards to the alleged account that MKDP are chasing

hsbc/first direct say that the current account was closed in 2004

and have no statements for this so should I now go back to the DCA

and tell them this fact and to finally go away,

or should I take this higher?

The Statute Barred letter from the CAG library I think Shawn, no payment or written acknowledgment in 6 clear years, end of I think.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Well today I have had a reply back from HSBC/First Direct

They have advised that they can not find any statements regarding the account that MKDP allegedly bought from them because the account was closed back in 2004 they did however have statements from a credit card account that was paid off back in 2002 in full..... so the account which MKDP claimed to be a current account which the original creditor stated they have no statements for I take it I can now go back to MKDP and advise them that all collection activity must now stop...... Any help people would be appreciated..... :-)

Shawn do you have this in writing ? If so, then I see no reason why you cant just write to the DCA and advise them that you have been in touch with HSBC and they advise that you have no outstanding liabilities - and even if there were, then they would be statute barred by now.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Shawn do you have this in writing ? If so, then I see no reason why you cant just write to the DCA and advise them that you have been in touch with HSBC and they advise that you have no outstanding liabilities - and even if there were, then they would be statute barred by now.

I got this from HSBC/First Direct today

the account that the DCA are chasing has claimed the debt is for a current account,

now HSBC/First Direct have said in regards to that account they do not have any statements for as it was closed back in 2004

the only thing they sent me was 4 statements from the old credit card account that was fully paid and closed back in 2002

also I have attempted to use the statue barred letter

but MKDP are having none of it as I used the SAR before back in 2010 with another DCA

who again couldn't get the information requested from the original creditor

so MKDP have said oh you made a payment to the alleged account in that time period, I know for a fact that I did not.

So in light of this new information from the original creditor

can I not just now go to this clown of a DCA and tell them to finally go away.....

.. As if there are no statements relating to the alleged account and the original creditor has also not advised on any outstanding balance

this really should be case closed should it not?

Hi guys here is an email that I got from MKDPLLP/Compello Operations from Lauren Taylor who ever she is....... She is the one who has been really annoying me in every way possible, any help would be appreciated.....

Sent: Monday, 21 October 2013, 14:37

Subject: RE: SAR Request

Dear Mr ********,

Thank you for your email.

I must advise that Statements of Account are unavailable due to the age of the account as they are only obliged to hold this information for a period of six years. This does not affect your liability on this account.

HSBC closed your account in 2004 as this was when the account defaulted and HSBC cannot sell on an open account. Therefore, at this time we do not regard the account as in dispute. We will resume our attempts to contact you to discuss a suitable repayment method regarding this account.

MKDP LLP are committed to ensure our customers receive a high standard of customer service at all times and we therefore kindly ask you to contact our collections team on 0330 3001004 to discuss your account.

Our office opening hours are: Monday to Thursday 8am to 8pm, Friday 8am to 6pm and Saturday 9am to 4pm. You can also contact us by fax on 0870 8747780 or email us at [email protected].

Kind Regards

Lauren Taylor

MKDP LLP

Shawn, It is my understanding this is statute barred, if you have sent the statute barred letter then it is for them to prove otherwise ! If they continue to pursue after that letter has been sent then, you simply escalate your complaint to the OFT and Financial Ombudsman.

BCOBS

the debt is statute barred end of!!

your real issue here is you KEEP WRITING TO THESE DCA's DONT

you keep writing

they keep thinking they've found a MUG TO FLEECE.

ideally you should have posted here FIRST before you ever did anything

you would have been advised that a bank account cannot be CCA's

and

a DCA cannot be [worthwhile wise] be SAR'd either

then none of your payments would have been used to pay the debt off!!

dx

• Haha 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ha they have told me that it's not Statue Barred and that the last payment was back in 2010..

... Now that payment was to another DCA to obtain either a CCA or SAR and not a payment on the account, all of which I have the evidence for.

In relation to what the original creditor has posted back to me in the SAR request

I put forward to them, they can not produce any statements of account as it was closed back in 2004

but they could produce statements for a credit card that was fully paid back in 2002 and closed,

in relation to a segment of the email this Lauren Taylor sent over:

I must advise that Statements of Account are unavailable due to the age of the account as they are only obliged to hold this information for a period of six years. This does not affect your liability on this account.

HSBClink3.gif closed your account in 2004 as this was when the account defaulted and HSBC cannot sell on an open account. Therefore, at this time we do not regard the account as in dispute. We will resume our attempts to contact you to discuss a suitable repayment method regarding this account.

If a DCA was chasing you for a debt and they could not produce statements of account would you pay them?

I know I wouldn't and yes also the original creditor can sell the debt on whenever they like......

this has been going on for over 2 years now and I am now ready to take legal action against them if I have to.

Even when over 2 years ago now I sent a CCA request and each and every 4 week

I got a letter back stating they are liaising with the Original Creditor and will let me know when they have the information to hand..

..... Then all of a sudden this year they say "Oh wait a second it's not a credit account but a bank account!!!" what a load of c**p this is.........

I have had enough of this lot, again in my way of thinking....

.. If the DCA and the Original Creditor can not produce statements of account or any other additional information then this should be case closed in my eyes,

as this woman Lauren Taylor from MKDP LLP AKA COMPELLO OPERATIONS is really starting to get to me,

my father is currently undergoing Chemotherapy for Cancer and the last thing on my mind right now is a stupid alleged debt to a company that can not prove it....

... All they can prove is payments on to account and not how the debt originated.......

the debt is statute barred end of!!

your real issue here is you KEEP WRIRING TO THESE DCA's DONT

you keep writing

they keep thinking they've found a MUG TO FLEECE.

ideally you should have posted here FIRST before you ever did anything

you would have been advised that a bank account cannot be CCA's

and

a DCA cannot be [worthwhile wise] be SAR'd either

then none of your payments would have been used to pay the debt off!!

dx

Soin relation to my post 2 mins ago should I sent them another Statue Barred letter?

If they cannot provide statements to prove their case, that is their problem not yours. Especially if you can provide evidence that the payment they say was made in 2010 was the statutory fee for a SAR or CCA request. They can apply the fee to the account, but it is a gift from them to the account. NOT a payment by you to the account.

BCOBS

If they cannot provide statements to prove their case, that is their problem not yours. Especially if you can provide evidence that the payment they say was made in 2010 was the statutory fee for a SAR or CCA request. They can apply the fee to the account, but it is a gift from them to the account. NOT a payment by you to the account.

Ah ok yeah I still have all the letters in my file from back then,

I'm just tired of this situation now, like this afternoon I just felt like k***ing myself....

.. Just because of the stress MKDP Compello Operations is putting on me,

every time I tell them that there are no statements they are like

"So we are still going to take in further and either get a CCJ or make you bankrupt!!!!!"

I have seriously had enough of this clown DCA and nothing would make me happier than to take them to court a

nd then claim costs back for the stress and psychological effect it has been having......

... Thanks for the help so far, I thought I was on my own..... :-)