Another Vodafone default frustrated victim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well where to start I see that there is a community of people on here that have had a similar situation, so I will explain mine.

Some background:

Back in May 2009 I took out a 24 month notebook contract with vodafone, which was a separate account to the phone contract I had. Although I assumed these accounts were linked it turns out now that they were not. I diligently set up direct debits for both accounts and made payments month on month. In june 2011 I cancelled my notebook account, as I did not want it anymore. I called vodafone and told them about my desire to cancel. The agent told me this was fine as the 24 months had been completed and also told me to cancel my direct debit (which is on record). Anyway I thought nothing more of it, until 3 months ago when I signed up to Experian for the first time just to see how things were. I was shocked to see that I had a bad credit rating as I had a default account for my notebook. Stating that I had missed payments and owed £58.

I immediately called vodafone to get this sorted. After many conversations, I finally spoke to a manager, she told me that it was correct and that there was no record of the account being cancelled, so they tried to get 3 payments and sent me letters to an address I no longer lived at (another part of the story) After 3 months of non payment they turned it to a default. We continued the conversation, and I asked the manager to check both accounts, she did and then apologised saying that a note on my phone account existed saying that I had phoned to cancel the account and was advised to cancel my direct debit, but the account had not been linked, which i was informed at the time and also in future calls that this should have happened. Due to the fact the accounts were not linked, not only did the cancellation not show on the correct account but my details were not updated, so the letters went to my old address. Even though they allowed me to cancel the account through my phone one nothing clicked about the two account belonging to me apparently.

I requested an email to state what had happened, to which I got the following response:

Dear Customer, Just a quick email to confirm that the issue has now been resolved and the charge on the account has now been waivered. A case has also been raised to our Quality Assurance team for this to be resolved in regards to your credit rating and should be updated with yourself within 14 days. Kim Vodafone

Essentially Vodafone acknowledge the mistake and told me it was not my fault and therefore I should not have been charged as i followed the procedures, added to the mix up with my accounts.

Anyway (sorry I know this is a long story) after 14 days the account had been changed to satisfied, but still a default. I obviously complained, and was told that the Quality Assurance team (who can only be contacted by email) had stated the default stands. I obviously continued to dispute this. Today is the final straw, I contacted the collections team and spoke to a manager, who told me there was nothing they could do, and even though it was clear I had done what I was supposed to do, it was also my responsibility to change my details on both accounts, even though I believed I had done this, I mean they managed to cancel my notebook through my phone account, so when I phone to change my details I assumed this has happened. I was told 9/10 times that the agent would tell you this??? how am I suppose to know if not informed. So essentially it is now my fault for not updating my information, and as such nothing will be done to remove the default that I believe and have been told should not have existed in the first place.

I hope that I have explained this well enough, but I am not sure. I am happy to provide more details. It seems to be very complicated.

Please help

Jodie

I will send an S.O.S. to Lee the CAG Vodafone Rep on your behalf, meanwhile can you have a read of the following and send an email as directed. When you receive the reference number can you pop back here and post it on your thread. That way Lee can act on your behalf.

CAG members,

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAG is with the very best of intentions. Vodafone UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at [email protected]. co.uk (no spaces) quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line to ensure that it reaches the Web Relations Team.

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is.

I rather suspect that Lee will not look in until Monday, but if you can get that email off then at least he will be able to help immediately you post the reference number here.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You are welcome. Yes, it would be nice if it could be resolved without too much further stress. I find it quite bizarre that they acknowledge they have made an error, but refuse to remove the default markers !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Lets hope so, we found it strange to, but alas the original position has changed and they are now disputing their stance. It seems ridiculous that I have to suffer for 6 years for a simple error on their part.

Sorry I think I should clarify my last post, what I meant was that due to what seems to be a simple error, my credit rating will be affected for six years, which is how long a default will stay on the record from what I have read.

Still waiting for my code from vodafone, is there anything else I should be doing?

Hi,

I'll ask Lee to have a look at this thread.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert