Parking on Private Land Appeals (POPLA)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3863 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi and welcome to CAG.

POPLA are 'independant' I put the in quotes because they aren't. POPLA was set following criticism of the parking companies.

The beauty of this scheme is that you can appeal at no cost but the PPC has to pay and even if you lost, you still don't have to pay :whoo: Win,Win

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

There is no appeal process for PPC unenforceable invoices, only POPLA. Do the POPLA thing and when it is rejected send the breakdown of costs and proof of contract letter then sit back and ignore their begging letters unless you are one of the very few who receive official, stamped court papers. The defense for court is in the stickies on this forum and the PPC Desk jockeys have yet to defend successfully against it.

Edited by citizenB

• 4 weeks later...

Hi i am new to blogging and wondered if you could tell me how to appeal against a fine from a private car parking company via POPLA. I have never heard of them and my initial bill of £60 has now gone up to £200 which i just dont have. I [arked there on a Bnak Holiday assuming it would be free that day however i was issued a fine. I am now being sent final demands and being told if i dont pay it will be referred to the courts. I am very worried about this and just wonederd where i stand. Thanks

Hi i am new to blogging and wondered if you could tell me how to appeal against a fine from a private car parking company via POPLA. I have never heard of them and my initial bill of £60 has now gone up to £200 which i just dont have. I [arked there on a Bnak Holiday assuming it would be free that day however i was issued a fine. I am now being sent final demands and being told if i dont pay it will be referred to the courts. I am very worried about this and just wonederd where i stand. Thanks

OK firstly it's always best to start your own thread but I'll respond on here and you can decide if you want to start your own thread or if the replies are enough information.

The thing to remember is it is not a bill, fine or a parking ticket - it is an unenforceable invoice from a Private Parking Company - at this point can you name the company?

You can choose to ignore the invoice and it will probably go the way that 99% do and after a flurry of begging/threatening letters you will hear no more (search watchdog private parking ticket on youtube)

Or, if you are not comfortable with ignoring you can send the prove contract, breakdown costs and deny any liability letter (hover your mouse over the word ignore and follow that information)

Alternatively before you send the letter as described under the word ignore you could appeal the original invoice - thing is I suspect you have gone past the timescale for that if your latest letter is begging the amount of £200 but you could try it anyway.

When your appeal is rejected by the PPC (they all are) they have to include a POPLA code, using that code you can appeal to POPLA and this costs the PPC some money.

POPLA will then make a judgement (despite what some say they are not truly independent and most appeals will go in the favour of the PPC) however the POPLA judgement is only binding on the PPC and not on the appellant, so you can go through the process, cost the PPC some money and then send the prove contract etc letter and then sit back and ignore.

If you are one of the very few who receive official stamped court papers there is a good standard defence in the stickies which easily bats off the PPC if they decide to take it all the way to court - what usually happens is that as soon as you enter an informed defence the PPC withdraw at which point you can claim your costs (postage, letter writing etc)

What you can expect is a number of ever more desperate letters from the PPC and then their Debt Collector (usually the same company under a different guise) which will threaten all sorts but are just hot air.

Personally I still ignore some and choose to play with others but if you tell us the PPC name we can advise on the likelihood of the action they are likely to take